AVS Forum banner
381 - 400 of 1250 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Google drive has apparently gone a little nuts. I know people have downloaded these files over the past few weeks without issue - this virus stuff is new. I scanned the file with McAfee and it says it's fine. I'll investigate in the morning!
Temporarily download the ZIP file from here while I figure out what's going on with Google Drive:
PiGS-v1.0-For-Windows-Portable NOTE: THIS FILE HAS BEEN DELETED - PLEASE REFER TO THE RED TEXT IN POST 382 just below.

I tried re-uploading the file to Google Drive and now, not only is it telling me it's infected, but it's telling me I can't share it because it violates their terms of service! Once again, McAfee AntiVirus Plus with all the latest updates reports no virus issues with either the ZIP file or the directory full of files itself. Crazy Google. They are using their own virus scanner, VirusTotal, and that scanner is reporting that virus scanner Cyren claims the file is infected with W32/S-08ce9f36!Eldorado, while a whole bunch of other scanners say it's clean. This must be a false positive due to some virus signature randomly turning up in the files. But apparently, this so-called virus was not detected prior to yesterday.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Google is reporting that the zip download is infected with a virus and can't be downloaded. Tried in various browsers on both WIndows and macOS.
I'm going to appeal this to Google, but I doubt any resolution will be speedy, so I've updated my draft (both in the original post here: PiGS for Windows, and attached to this post) to Draft 1.2 and changed the download to be from WD My Cloud instead of Google Drive. Just discard the prior draft and use this one. Just a Google screw-up I couldn't have anticipated.

EDIT: Apparently this is a known recurrent issue with portable python applications generated by pyinstaller. See for example, this discussion:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43777106/program-made-with-pyinstaller-now-seen-as-a-trojan-horse-by-avg

EDIT#2 8/26/2020: REPLACED DRAFT 1.2 WITH DRAFT 1.3 BECAUSE OF WD CLOUD ISSUES!!!

EDIT#3 9/22/2020: REPLACED DRAFT 1.3 WITH DRAFT 1.4 TO REFERENCE NEW PiGS VERSION 1.01.

EDIT#4 10/3/2020: REPLACED DRAFT 1.4 WITH DRAFT 1.6 TO REFERENCE NEW PiGS VERSION 1.11.

EDIT#5 10/6/2020: REPLACED DRAFT 1.6 WITH DRAFT 1.7 SUITABLE FOR ANY PiGS VERSION.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am missing program listings for about 5 channels. So, I contacted Schedules Direct and they supposedly added them the next day. However, after a few days still no programs showed up for those channels.

1. What file in PIGS do I check for channel information regarding the missing channels?
2. Will it be obvious in determining individual channels?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I am missing program listings for about 5 channels. So, I contacted Schedules Direct and they supposedly added them the next day. However, after a few days still no programs showed up for those channels.

1. What file in PIGS do I check for channel information regarding the missing channels?

Thanks
Are you saying that these 5 channels are highlighted on your pink PkGS Configuration web page (meaning they are part of your lineup - they would also show up if you listed or edited pigs.json), and those same channels are visible in the DVR+ guide, but the listings for those channels are either completely empty or have only PSIP data (black-and-white box icon and only going out 12-24 hours)? If so, you could try going into the PiGS Configuration page and just hitting the Save Settings button (changing nothing, but forcing the SD guide data to be rebuilt). Then after the re-build is finished, you could force the DVR+ to do a Manual Guide Refresh. Also check the build listings in pigs.log ("Added xxx programs for channel xx.x...") to see if those channels are showing up.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

Thanks
Flowers you have to use PiGs and navigate/signin to SD and pug in your zip and refresh. If the stations show up there and you save them then PiGS will have them. Also if you go to Zap2it and check there you will see if your stations show up and if they do then SD should have them too.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·
Thanks
SD usually sends you an email when your request is completed. it can take up to a week for SD's provider to get the data, but you can keep checking.

You will have to do a Preview of your Zip (even though you already have the lineup) and see if the new channels show up before they tell you.

When they do show up, you will also have to delete your existing lineup from the Lineups Window even though it is the same zipcode (because that was a 'snapshot' at the time you added it), do the preview, select the new channels, and then re-add the lineup.

PiGS cant/doesnt do a 'merge' of the existing lineup/ preview lineup.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have already heard back from SD within 24 hours of my request. The channels in question were previously listed in the PIGS gui.

Its just that those channels don't list any programs in the guide.

I checked it and the guide is being refreshed daily. I can select the channel and do see that I am able to view programs though.

Thanks

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #389 ·

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 ·
Timothee,
Sent you what you requested.
Thanks
You hvae something mis-configured in your dns server or your dvr's. the dvrs are not asking for a schedule form pigs

the channels in question are being fetched from SD

LS:BLS: Added 414 programs for channel 20.1, RfChan=36 (StationID=111004)​
LS:BLS: Added 653 programs for channel 20.2, RfChan=36 (StationID=111006)​
LS:BLS: Added 708 programs for channel 20.3, RfChan=36 (StationID=111008)​
LS:BLS: Added 537 programs for channel 20.4, RfChan=36 (StationID=111045)​
LS:BLS: Added 768 programs for channel 20.5, RfChan=36 (StationID=114220)​

but nowhere is there ever a request from a dvr. maybe they reverted back to the Rovi guide? do you see enhanced program descriptions?

or a pink pig as an icon anywhere?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Timothee,

I am assuming I should see pink pigs for the affected channels--I don't. Icon is an empty TV screen.

Don't believe I have a problem with DNS. All URLs I request return normally.

"STB Health" on my DVR+ say it occurred at 12:58pm today. At end of that message was a [403] if that means anything.

I forgot I have a 2nd DVR+ in the secondary room that I rarely ever use and it shows program listings for those channels. It does an update at a different time though.

Also, only the 2nd DVR+ has expanded program info despite BOTH DVRs having identical DNS setup and both are wired not wireless conections

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
Your logs show that schedules direct has provided icons for your new channels. The logs also show that the 24-hour watchdog timer keeps firing meaning no DVR has asked for a schedule at all. it looks like you should see a pink pig on your second channel.
if your DVR is ever lost their network connection I noticed that sometimes they switch back to auto network which would send it back to channelmaster.
My guess is it's something on your DVR's network advanced screen.

THRD DoWDogBuildTimer: has fired. Where are the DVR's?
THRD DoTimerBuild: has fired. Waiting for SD Lock...
THRD DoTimerBuild: Acquired SD Lock. Queuing BuildSchedule.
THRD:BUILDER: Command is Schedule
SD: SDGetToken Status codes: 200, 0. Token:1397b55451cfcea77b2628d6ed8a30c1
LS:BLS: Start Time UTC: 2020-08-25T15:57:32Z

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Expired Security Certificate Issue (PiGS for Windows)

I'm going to appeal this to Google, but I doubt any resolution will be speedy, so I've updated my draft (both in the original post here: PiGS for Windows, and attached to this post) to Draft 1.2 and changed the download to be from WD My Cloud instead of Google Drive. Just discard the prior draft and use this one. Just a Google screw-up I couldn't have anticipated.

EDIT: Apparently this is a known recurrent issue with portable python applications generated by pyinstaller. See for example, this discussion:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43777106/program-made-with-pyinstaller-now-seen-as-a-trojan-horse-by-avg
So as fate would have it, Western Digital, like Google, is trying to screw me - their website for accessing my cloud drive appears to have let its security certificate expire 5 days ago, so when you go to get PiGS-v1.0-For-Windows-Portable, your browser is likely to moan loudly about needing to accept the expired security certificate before it will allow you to download the file. You can do this by clicking on the last option given, and in the new tab or window that opens up, expand the box about security issues until you can see the button that says something like "Open this web site anyway". Click that and then return to the tab with the complaint about security certificate and refresh it. This time it should give you the option to download the file. I'm sorry but this is out of my control - I'll notify WD about the problem, that's all that I can do. In the meantime, you can click through that procedure to "accept the risk", and then your browser will accept the expired certificate and you can get the file.

N.B.: The zip file is of a type (ZIP) not acceptable by this forum as an attachment, and at 12MB, probably too large to attach anyway. So I need to host it at a remote site you can access, and as you can see, I'm having difficulty doing that!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
N.B.: The zip file is of a type (ZIP) not acceptable by this forum as an attachment, and at 12MB, probably too large to attach anyway. So I need to host it at a remote site you can access, and as you can see, I'm having difficulty doing that!
This is VERY discouraging! At least the old forum supported zip files, but limited the file size. So I gave it a try anyway, and, like you say, ZIP files are not supported as attachments. BUT, change the ZIP extension to TXT, and the attachment is allowed. The extension can be changed back to ZIP during, or after, the download, and then extracted normally. It's a pain, and instructions will be needed in the post, but at least for now it can be done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Timothee,

PIGS is on a PI with static IP of 192.168.2.22.

On my OpenWrt LAN router (192.168.2.1) I have these entries in its hosts file.

192.168.2.22 tr50.dishaccess.tv
192.168.2.22 stbfw.echodata.tv

Not sure what is happening. Last time it worked for sure was 8/21 as my 2nd DVR has all program guide for all channels and extended listings for a refresh done on that day.

Traceroute output from both entries on the OpenWrt LAN router resolve to my PIGS install on 192.168.2.22

Tracert from my Windows PC (192.168.2.10) for tr50.dishaccess.tv correctly resolves to 192.168.2.22.

Tracert from my Windows PC (192.168.2.10) for stbfw.echodata.tv incorrectly resolves to 67.148.153.225. A second hop jumps to my FIOS router of 192.168.1.1 then out to Internet.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
I have these entries in its hosts file.
Code:
192.168.2.22 tr50.dishaccess.tv
192.168.2.22 stbfw.echodata.tv
I think the hosts file should look more like this:
Code:
192.168.2.22    epg.channelmastertv.com
192.168.2.22    roproxy-guide.echostarcdn.com
127.0.0.1    tr50.dishaccess.tv
127.0.0.1    stbfw.echodata.tv
PiGS uses one of the first two entries, depending on the DVR+ firmware version. The second two entries are to block the DVR+ from accessing the firmware update site. (Not strictly necessary any more, but just in case....)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Adventures in file sharing - the saga continues...
This is VERY discouraging! At least the old forum supported zip files, but limited the file size. So I gave it a try anyway, and, like you say, ZIP files are not supported as attachments. BUT, change the ZIP extension to TXT, and the attachment is allowed. The extension can be changed back to ZIP during, or after, the download, and then extracted normally. It's a pain, and instructions will be needed in the post, but at least for now it can be done.
Ok, I'm going to give the @pachinko method a try. If this is successful, I'll go back and edit the draft instructions yet again to download the PiGS zip file from here.

avsforum.com appears to have accepted the 12MB attachment... let's see what happens if I post this :unsure:

It appears to have worked!!! Hopefully this is the end of the drama surrounding this file. I've fixed up everything in posts 368 and 382.

UPDATE: Now that PiGS version 1.01 has been released ...

UPDATE2: Now that PiGS version 1.11 has been released ...

UPDATE3: You can download the latest Windows Portable directory (zipped) from this web page: PiGS on Windows – PiGS – The CM-7500 DVR+ Replacement EPG!. The instructions in post 368 have been updated make them independent of the latest PiGS version number. Those instructions are also available on that web page.

381 - 400 of 1250 Posts