AVS Forum banner

461 - 480 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Congratlations. That must be quite a relief.

Good luch on the move, and I'll be watching for v 2.0!

CJ

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Good news Dave, congrats...

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboranadum /forum/post/13454676

Congratlations. That must be quite a relief.

Good luch on the move, and I'll be watching for v 2.0!

CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 /forum/post/13456344

Good news Dave, congrats...

Thanks Gents.

I am swinging by the new house tonight to take pictures for planning the move. I'll grab a few of the small somewhat square space that will be for the future "electric bugalou" edition.

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
Here is the new house: $ goes a little further in PA.

A few shots of the one of these days space (Sidewall):

Rear wall? The electical panel & window will be issues:

Sidewall & Screenwall? Would have to do it on the wall with the door. Asymetrical is a shame, but putting the screen on the same wall as the electrical panel might be an issue:

Ceilings are high, so that helps deal with these kind of issues.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Did your wife catch you taking pictures of the unfinished basement?

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnfoley /forum/post/13463186

Did your wife catch you taking pictures of the unfinished basement?

What happens in . . . Nevermind
. I forgot to pack a tape measurer, or I really would have bored the realtor. We have agreed to wait a while to unpack before starting another big project, so there will be time enough for tape measurers then.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_pilgrim /forum/post/13466006

We have agreed to wait a while to unpack before starting another big project, so there will be time enough for tape measurers then.

I'm not buying it Dave,

You've got the bug...I can see your mind racing. I said the same to the wife when we moved in to our new place, promised to wait at least a year or two before we got going. Barely 6 months into it and the hammer was swinging or should I say compressor and nail gun

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I would give it 2 months post unpacking, three at most before you buy your first piece of lumber. Asides from the small size, the space looks pretty easy to work with. Knowing what you know now, you can knock out that room in a month or two tops.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
DC,

Nice home
looking forward to the new updates
those will be starting any minute...right?

Best of luck

Calvin

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I bet also we will see progress within 6 mths of moving in. Just get as many of your wifes projects done ASAP without a grumble

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
Well, technically she said she was tired from this last one, and wanted a respite. And there are a few reasons beyond moving that contribute. But, I am a slow planner, so a delay isn't so bad for me. Visio to make, sketchup to tinker, there are things to do.

Also, I will "unpacking" the tools in the 3rd car garage. And if I need to do some "testing" of the ergonomics, and all I have handy is, say, all the mdf strips that were cut down but never made into panels due to the sale, that I had the movers move anyway . . .

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
DON'T tell your wife where you got it!

(The original targa is rendered at 5400 x 3600 and is appropriate for printing poster-sized... perhaps a translight?

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
As if there weren't enough changes happening on my end, some more good news:

We will look forward to the birth of our second child in October. Probably won't help me get that second theater anytime soon. But life has other rewards, of course.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Wow! Congrats!

I guess we'll see you around in 18 or so years when the kids are off in college...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Congrats!! All the best !!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_pilgrim /forum/post/13538347

As if there weren't enough changes happening on my end, some more good news:

We will look forward to the birth of our second child in October. Probably won't help me get that second theater anytime soon. But life has other rewards, of course.
Pssst: They know what causes that now!

Congratulations... I'll keep my eyes open and tempt you with CRT PJ deals near south central Pennsylvania

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_pilgrim /forum/post/13538347

CONGRATULATIONS!

I guess the pregnancy tests have come quite a ways since we had children. Way back in 1995 they were two pink lines. Now they look to have LCD readouts and spell things out really clearly.

Congrats again.

CJ

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #479
Thanks guys. We are definitely fired up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnfoley /forum/post/13538788

Pssst: They know what causes that now!

Congratulations... I'll keep my eyes open and tempt you with CRT PJ deals near south central Pennsylvania

Perhaps if I stack up the CRT's I can use them as a changing table or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboranadum /forum/post/13542535

CONGRATULATIONS!

I guess the pregnancy tests have come quite a ways since we had children. Way back in 1995 they were two pink lines. Now they look to have LCD readouts and spell things out really clearly.

Still no HDMI though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats on the kiddo Pilgrim! Also, I wanted to thank you for your pictured tutorial back on P9 relating to building your own coax cables. I used it last night and it worked like a charm!

461 - 480 of 523 Posts