AVS Forum banner

621 - 640 of 973 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve
Brad for me to form an opinion I am going to need MORE screen shots........LOL

Looks awesome. The piano hinge idea is perfect and the 1/2" screws will be plenty since there is a few dozen of them. Looks great but the new screen shows me why your MW2 skills are lacking a bit
There you go again, thread padding Brad's...thread and not getting on xbox.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Actually since I sold my projector we only have 1 tv available down there to play on. I am actually sitting down here watching my son play MW2 as I search AVS looking for answers to my column building issues. Where are you on that front???

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulFred
I had to go back and threadsearch to remember your choice of the ever-popular screen size ratio you went with (what was it, 2.125?).
Actually it is 2.125679304969485768404044358674

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #625
Quote:
Brad for me to form an opinion I am going to need MORE screen shots........LOL

Looks awesome. The piano hinge idea is perfect and the 1/2" screws will be plenty since there is a few dozen of them. Looks great but the new screen shows me why your MW2 skills are lacking a bit
Yeah I'll have to add some more screen shots for you for sure.

I went 30-4 and 30-2 in FFA this morning ;-) - the 30-2 was basically 7 kills and then lay in the grass haha (harrier-pavelow-chopper gunner). Got accused of boosting which is always fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha
There you go again, thread padding Brad's...thread and not getting on xbox.
Oh he was on this morning, I joined his lobby for a while until I got tired of being flashed and rapid fire shotgunned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123
Wow Brad! Stunning! Hey, my screen is on a french cleat, but the thing is so big that I have nowhere to put it when its off! I think your hinges look great, and I'm going to amend mine to be that way. Having it pinned to the ceiling when up is about the most convenient solution.

Screenshots look great too. You're going to be having some fun!
Thanks Tony! Yeah that was my concern too - it's not that heavy, so taking it down wouldn't be too bad - but where to put it?? Still need to make some things to prop it open when I open the hood.

Quote:
Actually since I sold my projector we only have 1 tv available down there to play on. I am actually sitting down here watching my son play MW2 as I search AVS looking for answers to my column building issues. Where are you on that front???
I've seen many DE builds with hardwood columns - maybe it's not really big deal (as long as they don't land in first reflection points?). As far as surround height - can you set them up temporarily at the proposed height and test some surround material? Ear is the best judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulFred
Screen shots look really good Brad. I had to go back and threadsearch to remember your choice of the ever-popular screen size ratio you went with (what was it, 2.125?). Has getting it set up made you reconsider (even a little?) your current plan for no masking?
Correct on the aspect - no concerns yet with masking need. Only ones where it's really noticeable to me is on low bitrate rips, where the overall black level is elevated.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte
Yeah I'll have to add some more screen shots for you for sure.

I went 30-4 and 30-2 in FFA this morning ;-) - the 30-2 was basically 7 kills and then lay in the grass haha (harrier-pavelow-chopper gunner). Got accused of boosting which is always fun.

Oh he was on this morning, I joined his lobby for a while until I got tired of being flashed and rapid fire shotgunned.

Yeah, I love being a little [email protected]#$ on black ops sometimes. I've gone to the gutter with my latest gun setup: FAMAS with grenade launcher, RPG, Flak Jacket...people don't like me on Domination much.

I think I'm finally going to sell Black Ops when I take back Crysis2 and Assassins3 next week. Then again, I saved Halo 3 and threw that in with some buddies when the BOps server went down Thurs night.

What is the next game you guys are getting?

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
MW2 until November when MW3 comes out then ITS ON!*

*This is assuming that MW3 is better than Black Ops and maybe even better than MW2

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #628
Yeah probably MW3 - unless you guys talk me into something else FPS related.

Wonder what this COD Elite thing is - signed up for the beta, didn't research it much. I figure its free, and it will be part of MW3, so why not.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Any of you play Red Dead Redemption? I've wanted it since it came out, but didn't get. Just ordered it used off Amazon for $20 though. Couldn't resist at that price. Saving my change for Uncharted3, as I won't have the same resistance against that one!

I haven't played MW2 in at least 8 months...multiplayer would be like starting over now.

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
Brad,

Been unplugged for about a week. Looks absolutely fantastic. Very nice screen shots, as a rule of thumb goes the image even looks better in person so the image must be stunning.

Congrats man!

Regards,

RTROSE

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Dont know much of anything about the MW elite Brad, you will have to fill me in when you know something.

Tony, you should come back the MW and play with us. I mean Brad likes to push us all around but its all for fun right?!

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #632

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 /forum/post/20704901

Any of you play Red Dead Redemption? I've wanted it since it came out, but didn't get. Just ordered it used off Amazon for $20 though. Couldn't resist at that price. Saving my change for Uncharted3, as I won't have the same resistance against that one!

I haven't played MW2 in at least 8 months...multiplayer would be like starting over now.

Hey Tony, you are on XBOX right? If so, send me your gamer tag if you don't mind - mine is Atomic Hamper. Let us know how Red Dead Redemption turns out - multiplayer that is, since I only play multiplayer - Black Ops single player completion percent: 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE /forum/post/20704965

Brad,

Been unplugged for about a week. Looks absolutely fantastic. Very nice screen shots, as a rule of thumb goes the image even looks better in person so the image must be stunning.

Congrats man!

Regards,

RTROSE

Thanks RT! I was hoping that the projector would be able to hang in there with a pretty large screen - zooming no less - and it has really held up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve /forum/post/20705035

Dont know much of anything about the MW elite Brad, you will have to fill me in when you know something.

Tony, you should come back the MW and play with us. I mean Brad likes to push us all around but its all for fun right?!

Haha, only in FFA

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #633
Why in the world did they have a gorilla tighten down all the adjustment screws so that it is impossible to loosen any of them without removing the projector and mount? I was up there muscling on the things, there was absolutely no way I could get one loose without mangling the screw heads. My eyeball install alignment is relatively close, but I'd love to get the test pattern perfectly lined up.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Brad,

Screenshots look awesome. I am about to purchase the Projector Mount and your complaint about it is making me hesitate.

I was thinking of getting Chief RPAU mount and extension sleeve.

Is there anything else I need to buy to mount the projector?

I have seen Chief ceiling plate but I don't think I need it if I buy the mount.

Can you confirm this?

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #635
You'll need the plate too, the mount doesn't come with it - for the other end of the pipe extension to connect to. They make a couple kinds, I chose the 4" square one, just because it looked a little more sturdy and not as funky.

There's nothing wrong with the mount really, it works great - I'd suggest though that before you put it up on the ceiling, loosen the adjustment screws to make sure you don't get stuck where I am. I'll likely have to take the projector off, remove the mount, loosen the screws, and then put everything back before I can adjust it.

For the extension pole, I used a 12" pipe nipple from Home Depot (about $7.50 I think it was), and spray painted it black.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I'm on PS3. Sorry. Thought you guys were too.

I thought the Black Ops campaign was pretty good. A bit wierd, but good.

I'll let you know on RDR. It's got stellar reviews, even still.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 /forum/post/20706478

I'm on PS3. Sorry. Thought you guys were too.

You mean people still play PS3??

Time to get a 360 my man and join us old timers online blowing things up.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #638
Stuff got blowed up real good!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Blowed up REAL goood!!!

Let go blow some stuff up old man.........

·
Registered
199 Posts
Brad,

Your screen shots look impressive and congrats on getting the screen put up. I'm just now getting to do the rough in electrical work on Tuesday. Funny thing is I have purchased all of the hardware, and I have budgeted all of the building material, etc, etc and I'm just so anxious to get to the serious building part of it. I'll keep an eye on your column issue too. I'm pretty sure I know how I'm going to do mine but I always have some reservations too.

621 - 640 of 973 Posts