AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I admit, I'm a Pink Floyd fan, but I can't say I listen to them a whole lot anymore.

And its been years since I've listened to The Wall and never on my current system. But my wife wants to cut my nuts off because it's 9pm on a school night and I'm just cranking this album, lol.

Holy crap, I forgot how good it is. It has a fantastic stereo mix that just sucks you right in and won't let go.

Figured I'd post in case some other Floyd fan has ignored this album for a while. Watch out though, it just begs to be cranked...:)

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I admit, I'm a Pink Floyd fan, but I can't say I listen to them a whole lot anymore.

And its been years since I've listened to The Wall and never on my current system. But my wife wants to cut my nuts off because it's 9pm on a school night and I'm just cranking this album, lol.

Holy crap, I forgot how good it is. It has a fantastic stereo mix that just sucks you right in and won't let go.

Figured I'd post in case some other Floyd fan has ignored this album for a while. Watch out though, it just begs to be cranked...:)
I lived this last year,I downloaded The Wall .flac and had to turn it up.It is a grand album..A year later,still sounds great.Enjoy:)

·
Registered
288 Posts

I love this album too. I own two copies on CD (want to find the MFSL at a reasonable price) and have my dad's vinyl from 1979 that I play on my LP1240-USB every now and then.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I lived this last year,I downloaded The Wall .flac and had to turn it up.It is a grand album..A year later,still sounds great.Enjoy:)
I love this album too. I own two copies on CD (want to find the MFSL at a reasonable price) and have my dad's vinyl from 1979 that I play on my LP1240-USB every now and then.
My Floyd party just ended with an intervention from my wife and kid, haha!

I was only streaming from Deezer through Sonos and I was surprised by the realism of the voices, effects, and the precision of the stereo soundstage.

Much better than a lot of the recordings around that time frame that I've been listening to lately.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
I could easily go another 10 years without hearing any of it again.

·
The Village Idiot
9,716 Posts
Funny thing - I'm sitting here listening to Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon and saw this thread. The Wall is good too.

Reactions: ellisr63

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny thing - I'm sitting here listening to Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon and saw this thread. The Wall is good too.
Yeah, I've got DSOM and WYWH on SACD and that's been the extent of my listening of Floyd for quite a while until today. Those are great 5.1 immersion discs for sure.

The SQ of The Wall at 2 channel CD quality surprised me though :eek: :D

·
The Village Idiot
9,716 Posts
The SQ of The Wall at 2 channel CD quality surprised me though :eek: :D
As in pleasantly surprised or as in lousy? I have the two channel version of DSOM and The Wall on CD which I've ripped to flac. Very well done CD's IMO. Nearly as good as Dire Straits BIA IMO which is excellent quality. Maybe some day I'll splurge and get the SACD versions of each.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As in pleasantly surprised or as in lousy? I have the two channel version of DSOM and The Wall on CD which I've ripped to flac. Very well done CD's IMO. Nearly as good as Dire Straits BIA IMO which is excellent quality. Maybe some day I'll splurge and get the SACD versions of each.
As in great! The realism of the voices and the depth, placement, and clarity of the soundstage is outstanding.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Gooddoc said:

Yes it came out thankfully BEFORE this digital crap started ruining analog!!

I LOVE MY 2 RECORDS!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,800 Posts
The Wall was my first concert back in 1981 and it has been the best concert I attended to date!!

·
The Village Idiot
9,716 Posts
The Wall was my first concert back in 1981 and it has been the best concert I attended to date!!
I've been to more outdoor rock concerts (festivals) than I have indoors.

I'm still trying to recover...

·
Registered
22,816 Posts
I watch the movie at least once/year when the wife is out of town...have to seal up the Home Theater Room so as not to annoy the neighbors.

In order to clearly hear such things as the vacuum cleaner at the beginning you have to crank it up so loud that the bomb explosions and what not rattle the room.

Also saw The Wall on Waters' two tours of it recently.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
gajCA said:
In order to clearly hear such things as the vacuum cleaner at the beginning you have to crank it up so loud that the bomb explosions and what not rattle the room.

I just watched this today again.. (I have it on VHS) -- Beautiful!!!!!!! (A couple songs NOT ON THE RECORDS are on this)

Did they come out later is that why they arent on the records??

1 - 20 of 87 Posts