AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just give a Pinnacle 150 Digital Sub, it worked fine for a few weeks but now I am having some issues.

When the sub in plugged in to power, and the coax connected into my wall direct to the stereo I hear a loud hum sound. This happens when there is no input and with my entire system powered down and also when everything is on. I get no system sound through the speaker either.

I was away for a few days with house guests, and when I returned this was happening, so I have no idea what they did. I am using a newer Denon receiver with Audessy, maybe this is causing the problem?

I read in the forum that this may be a ground loop issue? Anyone have further insight?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
It's possible your guests fried the sub's amp...

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsycloneJack /forum/post/15449985

Any way I can further diagnosis this?

Are you getting any signal from your receiver? The clue that it's an issue with your sub was the fact that it is humming when every thing else is powered down.

Do this.

Turn the sub off. Disconnect your sub from your system (remove the rca cable from the sub). Turn the sub on. Do you still get the hum?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsycloneJack /forum/post/15457567

When I turn off the system and have the rca connected, the hum is still very loud. When I disconnect the rca , it still get the hum though it is less pronounced.

Have you checked the rca connection at the receiver to make sure it's connected to the right jack? But if you are getting hum with the cable disconnected, this still points to a bad amp.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Glad you got it figured out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.