AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Acer notebook with a 64x2 AMD 1.6 ghz processor and 1gig of ram. I was thinking of buying this PC hdtv tuner card anybody have any experience with it and can I hook up my HD satellite box to it ?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I just bought a new PCTV HD Pro Stick (801e), which says it supports Clear QAM HD.

I could not pick up any ATSC HD channels with it's supplied portable antenna (no surprise), but it had no problems finding the local HD QAM channels on the local Comcast system.

So, it looks like there is a feasible solution for a traveling ATSC HD tuner, and a cable HD QAM tuner for poor reception areas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a PCTV HD Ultimate Stick (880e) for use on cable with clear QAM. I can see all the analog cable channels and a couple clear QAM ones, it detected about 60 other 'clear QAM' channels, but it doesn't seem to show them. I don't know if this is a Pinnacle problem or a problem with how Cablevision is sending out the MPEG streams.

I would like to find more information about how this thing works, if there is an API for accessing controlling it (rather than using the supplied DVR software -- which seems to hang on my 2 GHz laptop). I would like to be able to control it through USB communication and understand the data stream is sends from the stick to the computer when receiving the QAM signal (ie is it a single MPEG stream, or the full multiplexed channel.) Anyone know of sources of information on this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.