AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get this up and running on my system which consists of Asus TUSL2-C Mobo PIII 1 Ghz, 256 RAM Pc133, Radeon LE, M-Audio 24/96, Realtek network card and Windows Me. I have gone into Bios and set a IRQ for the PCTV as it does not like to share IRQ. I can get system installed but everytime I try to open PCTV Vision I get error message regarding MFC42.DLL. From reading other posts I should still be able to use Dscaler with this but I would still like to get all of this to work. Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution? By the way PCTV software is latest version 4.02

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
i would remove all installd software and confirm deletion of the offending .dll

then try reinstalling the board and drivers with no other cards plugged in to confirm there are no conflicts.

then i would add your other cards in one by one.

good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
q2

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to just install the Pinnacle by itself in all available slots. It is looking like this is just not going to work. At this time I think I'm ready to just return it and try a different solution. Anybody have this up and working in a system similar to mine?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
weffner: welcome to the forum. It doesn't look like a hardware problem to me. If you haven't already done so, try q2's advice of renaming the offending .dll and trying to reinstall the software, which should replace mfc42.dll with a version that is acceptable to the tuner software.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. I went in and tried to rename the file and got message that access denied source file might be in use. Not sure what to do at that point. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I could change name in safe mode so I did. Then I reinstalled software for Pinnacle PCTV and got the same error message. When I looked back at mfc42 file there were 2. Getting very frustrated here today.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
return the pinnacle pro for the cheaper iomagic pcpvr ;)

i do agree with dan that its likely a software issue. changing to another vendors capture may not guarantee you wouldnt have the same problem.

do these steps.

1. go back into your bios and let it automatically configure irqs.

2. remove all installed software and drivers.

3. reboot, upon windows startup it will detect new hardware at which point you should install the drivers from your install cd or better yet use the ones from http://www.iulab.com/ which work well. if your system starts up without asking for drivers, you did not remove them all. go into your control panel and manually replace each driver relating to your pinnacle card with the generic tweaked driver downloaded.

4. do not install any software included with the pinnacle card. once you have installed the drivers, try running dscaler. if this runs without problem, the conflict is with the pinnacle software and something on your system, not the card.

thats about it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree it is probable a software issue. I have been over on the Pinnacle site and this seems to happen fairly often. I wanted to be able to use all the functions of the card. I can get it up and running for Dscaler but if thats all it will do I'll exchange for a cheaper card. Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Weffner: I share your frustration with the Pinnacle PCTV Pro. The only benefit I got out of it is that I've learned more about my PC. Paying the premium for this product is definitely not worth it. I ended up spending half of the money and bought a Taiwan made TV card (Leadtek) and everything work now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got the standard PCTV (non-pro), produced under the brand name Miro back then. It´s as easy as pie to get it to work if you install ALL the software and updates from the Pinnacle site in the correct order. Download all packages and install them one after another, I won´t even get through the cards overlay test under Win2K if I haven´t installed all the updates. But after that it works like a charm.

btw, there´s a .wdm-driver for the card available from pinnacle which can be used instead of the cards software, the pinnacle tuner will not even run with it. But Dscaler and other videocapture apps will, and it´s fast!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.