AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a pair of Pinnacle bookshelf speakers, model PN 6+.


I did find some information about Pinnacle speakers in general by Googling, specifically newer models, but not much about the model I purchased (they are too old to be listed on the Pinnacle site, apparently).


They have 6.5 inch woofers and 0.75 inch tweeters. I just hooked them up to my Harman Kardon AVR140 and they have incredible clarity. I can pick out vocals very distinctly and actually understand what people are saying. I have them paired with my 8 inch JBL subwoofer - which is accepting bass redirection @ 80 HZ.)


I initially purchased the speakers thinking that I would resell them. I have been listening to them for a few minutes now, and I don't think these speakers will be going anywhere for now. I am enjoying them too much (I am listening to The Dark Side of the Moon, and hearing detail I have never heard before). Am I becoming an addict?


Does anyone have any experience with these speakers? I would like to know more information about what it is that I have. Thank you in advance for any information. I have included photos of one of the speakers:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
Good speakers in their day,my dads friend has some,and he still has them very good speaker in the old Advent,KLH,Cambrige mold,When i was a teenager I used to lust for some AC650s,my dad ended up buying the Classic Gold Towers which were of course a totally different animal with its metal dome tweeter.How much did you pay for them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawaun da bomb /forum/post/0


Good speakers in their day,my dads friend has some,and he still has them very good speaker in the old Advent,KLH,Cambrige mold,When i was a teenager I used to lust for some AC650s,my dad ended up buying the Classic Gold Towers which were of course a totally different animal with its metal dome tweeter.Do you have these or are you considering buying some?

I have them. See my photos in my original post, and commentary of how the speakers sound. I really like them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avscienceforurm /forum/post/0


I have them. See my photos in my original post, and commentary of how the speakers sound. I really like them.

Enjoy them,they are a very musical pair of speakers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawaun da bomb /forum/post/0


Good speakers in their day,my dads friend has some,and he still has them very good speaker in the old Advent,KLH,Cambrige mold,When i was a teenager I used to lust for some AC650s,my dad ended up buying the Classic Gold Towers which were of course a totally different animal with its metal dome tweeter.How much did you pay for them?

I paid $13.98 for the pair.
Thank you for the background information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Good find. I own PN8+, PN6+ and PN5+ pairs and they are all great sounding but the PN8+ are in a different league altogether. I did some internal bracing, acoustic foam (egg) and sealed the ports. Much tighter, cleaner bass. You may want to try the same but overall a good set of speakers.


I also veneered and refinished them. They look and sound like a million bucks! In stock form about $750,000. Lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistre1 /forum/post/0


Good find. I own PN8+, PN6+ and PN5+ pairs and they are all great sounding but the PN8+ are in a different league altogether. I did some internal bracing, acoustic foam (egg) and sealed the ports. Much tighter, cleaner bass. You may want to try the same but overall a good set of speakers.


I also veneered and refinished them. They look and sound like a million bucks! In stock form about $750,000. Lol.

What do you mean by "sealed the ports"? I am new to this hobby and don't know much of the terminology yet. Did you construct new boxes for them or use the originals, when you refinished them?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top