AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there heard these? They look cool (if you're into metal). They advertise on the back cover of Home Theater Magazine. The new issue gives them a very complementary review, but is that just because of the ad revenue$?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tom, while I don't have the quantams, I do own the Pinnacle Gold Towers along with the Pinnacle Gold Center. I run them in my secondary movie room. I have powered them with both an 8ES (120 watts per channel)and a Carver 753X (250 watts per channel) They are well built speakers for the money as I paid $1,000 for all three. They are strong in the bass, while smooth on the upper end.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
You probably won't find too many people using the Quantum line just yet as they are very new. I too own the Gold Towers and the Classic Gold CC for years now and I'm very happy. Pinnacles speakers are not as well known on these forums but I have heard quite a few of their models and was always impressed.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback, guys. The HT Magazine review was extremely laudatory, but, given the huge ads Pinnacle runs in every issue, I didn't know if it was legit. Hearing the speakers would help, of course, but there isn't a dealer within 100 miles. What's up with that? They have a big ad budget and no dealers anywhere near Boston!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Bump.

Has anyone listened to these babies? There's a deal on these right now where an authorized etailer will throw in a receiver, which I also need. I'm very interested if anyone has heard these yet!

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I have 'em.

Go ahead and take the plunge, you can't go wrong. Best sound that I personally have ever heard. I'm very satisfied. My home theater has Infocus ScreenPlay 7200, 106 inch 16:9 screen, JVC Pinnacle Quantum Plus home theater system with the baby boomer( from buy.com) Awesome!!! I'm new to all of this, so I can not give you all kinds of specs. like crossover, etc. What the heck is all of that stuff anyway? I just know this is awesome!!! Best sound I've ever heard and its right here in my home theater.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had the Pinnacle Quantum speakers with the Subsonic Subwoofer for about a month now, and I think they're great! I listened to everything I could find in it's price range, and couldn't find anything this size that came close to it. I had considered the Gallo's, mainly due to my wife, but once I heard these, I knew I had found what I was looking for. I'm using an Onkyo TXSR800 with these, and couldn't be more satisfied with the whole package. I don't pretend to be an audiophile, all I know is that they sound great to me. If you're considering a 5.1 surround package, and space is an issue, I'd encourage you to try these out before you buy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Scott78,

Re your comment "I listened to everything I could find in it's price range, and couldn't find anything this size that came close to it. ", could you name a few of the systems you auditioned before you settled on the Quantums? What did you like better about them? Are you still happy with them?

Thanks,

Denis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.