AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building an theater room and would like some input from anyone that may have tried Pinnacle Speakers. I can get these at a great price from a friend so here it goes.

BD 2500's for mains

BD 700 for center

BD 750's for rears

I will probably look at a sub as well but those will put me back under $2000. I really like the Mahogany look to the speakers and have a set of the BD 1200's and like those but I am no audiophile. Any thoughts or other things to look into?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartlettJ64 /forum/post/0

I am building an theater room and would like some input from anyone that may have tried Pinnacle Speakers. I can get these at a great price from a friend so here it goes.

BD 2500's for mains

BD 700 for center

BD 750's for rears

I will probably look at a sub as well but those will put me back under $2000. I really like the Mahogany look to the speakers and have a set of the BD 1200's and like those but I am no audiophile. Any thoughts or other things to look into?

Thanks guys.

What a coincidence! I just started a thread seeking information about my latest acquisition of a pair of Pinnacles. Mine are an older model (PN 6+), have 6.5 inch woofers and 3/4 inch tweeters, and sound very good to me paired with my 8 inch JBL sub and my Harman Kardon AVR140. If the Pinnacles you are considering purchasing are anything like the quality of mine, I highly recommend them if you can get them at a good value.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw you post after I posted mine. The 1200's are great to me and the 2500's should be a step up. Hopefully someone will help us out a bit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the BD 2500 webpage:

http://www.pinnaclespeakers.com/bd2500.html

System Type: 3-Way, 4-Element, 4th Order Front vented

Component Drivers:

1" liquid cooled silk dome tweeter with neodymium magnet

4" polycone midrange with butyl surround and die cast phase plug

(2) 6.5" polycone woofers with butyl surrounds and die cast baskets

Frequency Response: 29 - 20 kHz (+/- 3 dB)

Crossover Frequencies: 500 Hz & 4 kHz

Recommended Amplifier Power: 15 - 200 Watts RMS per channel

Operative Power Range: 15 - 200 Watts, 400 Watts Peak

Sensitivity: 88 dB @ 1 Watt / 1 Meter (2.83 Volts Pink Noise)

I really like full fllor speakers and one thing I REALLY like about Pinnacle is the 10 year transferable warranty.

Apples for apples and given the price I can get them for I am not sure of anything better. Thanks for keeping the topic up top.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The specs sound pretty good as far as what I know. Nice that they are 3-ways. Paired with a sub, I would imagine you would find them sufficient as front mains. I could easily imagine running my Pinnacles as front mains with my sub. I usually use my Camber Laser 7s (Canadian-made floorstanders manufactured circa 1992 that have 8 inch woofers and 0.75 inch tweeters.)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I took apart my PN8 and found that they have Vifa tweeters (forgot the model number) but I looked them up and they got good reviews. They do sound good. Can't remember about the woofers though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone recommend a 8" to replace in both, they are in my second system in lake house and would hate to replace. thanks in Advance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts