AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
No, didn't you read the announcement posted earlier from ABC? They were unable to do an HD version, so it was sent out as an SD upconvert.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I must've missed that announcement. Haven't done much thread reading over the Thanksgiving break. Too bad, I was looking forward to this one in HD.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I compared it directly to the DVD and the ABC presentation looked much better. The DVD is very grainy. They must have restored this movie for showing last night.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
At the beginning of the movie there were a couple of interesting things that happened. First, KGO-DT flipped back and forth between DD5.1 and and non DD5.1 a couple of times. Also right at the beginning the video looked MUCH more detailed and saturated (but still 4:3) but then it switched to a lesser quality version. In fact, it looked sooo gooood that I would have been willing to risk burn-in (my set locks into full on 1080i input). After things settled down, I switched to the ATT cable version and really enjoyed the show.

best,

jeff

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Watching a few movies or shows in 4:3 is not going to risk burn in.. you shouldn't worry about it. If the movie is in that format and you wanna watch it like that do so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.