AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a JVC RX-F10 and am thinking about selling it to get a Pioneer 1015tx. I know the 1015 has more inputs and a couple features that will make it more useful, but how about the sound quality? Do you guys think I would see much difference in sound quality with the Pioneer?

My current setup is

Mains: JBL 80

Center: JBL EC35

Rears: JBL E20

Sub: Dayton 10"

I'd be interested in your opinions if this would be an upgrade or not.

Thanks,

Casey

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the JBLs sound pretty good with the JVC. I guess I don't really know what kind of sound I'm looking for. I'm just curious if the Pioneer would be a better sound to those who have actually heard both systems. I also like the extra features and looks of the Pioneer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have'nt heard the other one. I just bought the poineer on sunday and I love the way it sounds.

My setup:

mains: Cerwin Vega D-5 3way floor speakers with 12" woofer

Center: Advent Audio cinema

surrounds: 3x JBL 2050

sub: Klipcsh sub-12 (650w 300w rms 12").

When you hook up the mic and let the auto setup adjust the speaker. It really improves the sound. I had always had this slight hollow sound when I watched movies and voices way too low and action was to loud. Now you really feel like you are in a theater.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'd think it would be an improvement. From what I've been reading. But I have an Onkyo TX-SR702 on the way, upgrading from a Yamaha HTR-5740. I'm expecting big things, especially with the auto mic sound setup.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amb7247
I'd think it would be an improvement. From what I've been reading. But I have an Onkyo TX-SR702 on the way, upgrading from a Yamaha HTR-5740. I'm expecting big things, especially with the auto mic sound setup.
Just got my SR602 yesterday. First thing that hit me was the blue/white/bright/UGLY sticker on upper front reminding me of the wattage and 7.1 sound. PM me if yours comes that way and what you do with it.

CC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.