AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had Comcast Cable set up on my new Pio 1110HD and I can't change picture size in component input. It shows 4x3 with different color bars on different channels and says full. I have no problems changing picture sizes on DVD or S video. I have component on input one and S video on input two. Thanks very much for some help, this site rules!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
kyad02:

You probably have your cable box set to output 1080i at all times. If so, you will not be able to change the picture size on the panel because it's locked into 1080i/high definition mode. The way around this is to run an S-Video connection from the STB to the panel (or your receiver) and use it when you are watching SD material. Then you can use the panel's zoom modes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They told me all plasmas receiving component signals from cable will not allow picture size change. You have to use S video which of course is a crappy picture . Is this true ?

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Not necesarily!

Try a good composite video cable, SILVER conductor is best. You will actually see an improvement in the picture quality over the component on the SD channels. Be careful of s-video as it can actually look worse coming of a cable box, do try it , but get a silver composite first.

Congrats!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peter, I will try the silver composite. Thanks for all your help, sorry I couldn't get the deal through you. I paid only another 1600 over Tweeters 43 price for the 50, I guess they really are whores in N.J.( L.O.L ) Since I broke the bank on the T.V. I got the Pio 563 Universal DVD for 170 at BB . Pretty cheap for a universal but it works well. The Plasma is unbeliavble in High Def. I mounted it on the high Bello Stand, it looks awesome. I will keep in touch for future purchases and questions. Thanks again my friend.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Because I spent 2 hours trying to get him a good no hazzles cash and carry deal at his local Tweeter. :) And because my esteemed friend Jim B. answered the question with a non perfect score. SD cable is a Composite video signal not an S signal, and much less a component signal (suitable for extraction of high quality S-Video).

S-video is not a good option in the current generation of cable boxes. it is in cetain Direct TV units, but not on the cable boxes. One must ry a composite (SILVER) video cable for best results on SD cable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.