AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question I have the pio 503 cmx with the video card, is there any advantage or does it matter if I hook the 15 pin rgb from the zenith 520 to the input 1, 15pin rgb to the plasma, or the input 2, r, g ,b, h, d. Thanks TOM

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
tomjames:

Some STB's don't work properly sending VGA to the panel on input 1. Try it with a cheap computer monitor cable and see what happens. If you choose input 2, you just need to use the 3 RGB connectors and can ignore HV. Presumably your STB came with a component cable. To try it you need 3 RCA/BNC adapters available from Radio Shack. Just remember to set input 2 to component first.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Boden
tomjames:

Some STB's don't work properly sending VGA to the panel on input 1. Try it with a cheap computer monitor cable and see what happens. If you choose input 2, you just need to use the 3 RGB connectors and can ignore HV. Presumably your STB came with a component cable. To try it you need 3 RCA/BNC adapters available from Radio Shack. Just remember to set input 2 to component first.
Your right jim the input one 15 pin from the zenith to plasma all the formats do not work properly as does the component rgb to input 2. MY question I have a dvd player which I thought I would hook up to input 2 component rgb, and the stb to input 1 15 pin connection. Where do I hook up the dvd player?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
tomjames:

You can buy a "breakout" cable which has 3 RCA connectors on one end and a VGA connector on the other. Connect it to the component out from your STB to input 1 on the panel and set input 1 to component. From there, you can connect your DVD player’s component out to input 2, using RCA/BNC adapters. Alternatively, you can buy a component cable with RCA at one end and BNC at the other.

I don’t use a breakout cable myself, but lots of other people on the forum do. If you search on it, you should find lots of threads discussing it, including where to buy one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks jim I purchased a break out cable one end 15 pin for the plasma and the other 3 rca for the dvd player thanks again for your advice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
tomjames,

I use the RGB (sub D 15 pin) output from a Sony SAT 200HD which is the same unit as the as the Zenith HD 520, going into input #1(sub D 15 pin) on my Pioneer PDP 503CMX. Input #1 is configured for RGB within the Pioneer menus and it works perfectly and puts out a great image. I have no problem with the formats not working correctly you described above. I know the RGB output from the older Sony SAT HD100 did not work correctly with 16 x 9 displays but that was resolved with the HD200. Specifically what format problems are you referring to?

Input #2 on the Pioneer can then be configured for component from your DVD player using 3 of the 5 BNC connectors on the Pioneer. IMO this is the best way to connect the products you have.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Denali
tomjames,

I use the RGB (sub D 15 pin) output from a Sony SAT 200HD which is the same unit as the as the Zenith HD 520, going into input #1(sub D 15 pin) on my Pioneer PDP 503CMX. Input #1 is configured for RGB within the Pioneer menus and it works perfectly and puts out a great image. I have no problem with the formats not working correctly you described above. I know the RGB output from the older Sony SAT HD100 did not work correctly with 16 x 9 displays but that was resolved with the HD200. Specifically what format problems are you referring to?

Input #2 on the Pioneer can then be configured for component from your DVD player using 3 of the 5 BNC connectors on the Pioneer. IMO this is the best way to connect the products you have.
I didnt realize that I needed to change the menue in the plasma. Thanks alot now I dont need to unhook and return the cable you saved me a inconvience. Do you find the pq to be better with rgb or ypbpr? Is there any difference. THANKS AGAIN

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.