AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I finally got my 503 CMX (w/ 5002 card), and I need to figure out the best way to configure everything.. so please help with any suggestions you might have, or how you are set up....

I have -

Sammy SIR-TS160 HD receiver

D* TiVo ( I want to hook these both up until HDTiVo comes out)

Bravo D1 DVD( I flaked, and did'nt realize the DVI on the 503 was not compatible!) ANY SUGGESTIONS

and less importantly and VHS, and PS2

Also was thinking of an Xbox

So anybody you has suggestions on which should go where please let me know, or point me to a thread if it exists and I didn't see it.

Thanks in advance! Justin

·
Registered
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jmpeed
OK, so I finally got my 503 CMX (w/ 5002 card), and I need to figure out the best way to configure everything.. so please help with any suggestions you might have, or how you are set up....

I have -

Sammy SIR-TS160 HD receiver

D* TiVo ( I want to hook these both up until HDTiVo comes out)

Bravo D1 DVD( I flaked, and did'nt realize the DVI on the 503 was not compatible!) ANY SUGGESTIONS

and less importantly and VHS, and PS2

Also was thinking of an Xbox

So anybody you has suggestions on which should go where please let me know, or point me to a thread if it exists and I didn't see it.

Thanks in advance! Justin
You should probably return the 5002 card and get an Aurora A-303. Im not familiar with all the components you have but I have a D*Tivo, a Sony HD receiver hooked via DVI, a DVD and a VCR. The A303 works very well for me with my 503.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The DVI on the 5002 card should be compatible with the Bravo. As a matter of fact it should be better than any other card. It is just a matter of someone with a 503cmx and a Bravo to figure out the custom timings.

1. Sammy SIR-TS160 HD receiver - Hook up the component 1 (will need cable with VGA plug on one end and the 3 component wires on the other)

D* TiVo ( I want to hook these both up until HDTiVo comes out) - Hookup to your S-video input

Bravo D1 DVD( I flaked, and did'nt realize the DVI on the 503 was not compatible!) ANY SUGGESTIONS - output at 480p into component 2

and less importantly and VHS, and PS2 - only have 1 composite input left (do you have a receiver that at least switches composite - then you could use it to switch between - or s-video if it does s-video switching). If not you could run the PS2 into the VCR's composite plugs and then the VCR to the plasma composite.

Also was thinking of an Xbox - if want x-box via component you are going to have to move something to DVI. If the Bravo won't then you probably are better getting the A303 now.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Just remembered - won't the 5002 card accept 480p through the DVI port. May be worth a quick try.

Then your Sammy could go on component 2 for now and you won't need the VGA to component cable (until you were to use it for Xbox).

·
Registered
674 Posts
You can get a component video autoswitch. Audio Authority makes a couple that are reasonably priced (I have one). Hook your Bravo and your XBOX to the switch and the output from the switch to your component in.

I ordered the Bravo and managed to cancel the order quickly enough.

The advice you were given to get the A303 is the best if you intend to use a DVI input.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the great input...

I tried to hook the Bravo up, but the DVI cable I have fits on the D1, but not on the 5003s DVI. I think I read about two different DVI cables somewhere in another thread, does anyone know if there is a cable that is one end of each... I got the one I have now at Pacific Radio in LA, they told me the only difference between the two was one has the four pin side, and to change it they just cut out those pins! Does this sound right to you guys!

Anyway might be looking at that new card soon.... or just not experiencing the wonders of DVI ( AHHHHHHH! )

THANKS AGAIN!

Justin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.