Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a new home built.

It won't be completed until September....

I have decided on the Pionner 503 (based on the information here and else where... Thanks)

I have purchased the mounting bracket, so I can have the wall adjusted properly for it.

Now for the unit....

With recent posts regarding SBO discount at some "Dude's" website for this unit, I am debating about buying now and storing it for 5 months.

I would like to wait, because the price will most likely go down, and I don't want to take the risk of damage during storage for 5 months.

So... Do you think this unit will still be around in Sept?

Should I expect an Serious drop in price by then or just a nominal...

Thanks to all who have made this purchase significantly easier with the best information on the net.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Given the electronics market ... there will always be improvements and price reductions over time ....

But if you do decide to go ahead, I will "store" it for you till September! Good luck on the house, have built 5 in the last 12 years...

·
Registered
233 Posts
If I could wait 5 months, I would surely hold off for the latest and greatest in plasma technology. The problem of course is that you run the risk of the same discount not being available (20-25% plasma discounts are fairly rare). This might be made up for though with a lower price point. Given that a new Pioneer unit isn't expected in wide release until next year, it's a tough call.

·
Registered
981 Posts
How could you possibly buy a plasma and store it for 6 months? Now that's patience! As a happy 503cmx owner, I agree with the others - wait.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
How about buy it now and use it! It is comes with free table top feet.

If you wait six months to get it you'll be kicking yourself for living without plasma for so long!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Patience grasshopper.

You are in an ideal situation.

These "perfect storms" at the above mentioned site are not rare. It is now May. I benefitted from such an event last November. As I recall there was another alignment in February(?).

There will be more opportunities, even after the boys of summer have gone.

Register, gather coupons, wait, watch and relax.

There were serveral related threads back in the Novemeber/December timeframe. Use the force .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.