AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Pio 503cmx/5002 for about 3 months, it gets lots of heavy use all in consumer video and computer/htpc usage profile. It operated about 8 hours/day.

I have had a problem pop up twice and am worried.

The symptom is: I power up (with the remote or side button, not the hard power switch) and instead of coming up, the panel makes a click (normal startup sound) but instead of the screen lighting up, i get a blink pattern on the green power status light (maybe 5 or six rapid binks, I am sure this is some error message concerning something on self check.)

If I try to power off and on (with the remote) the error pattern continues.

If I disconnect the power cord, wait about 30 seconds and turn it on, it has come back with no problem both times the problem has occurred.

As I said, this has only happened twice, but I am curious if this is an indication of an imminent failure of some component, an indication of bad power supply or something else entirely!

Any help, advice would be welcomed..

·
Super Moderator
21,492 Posts
the error message might just be that no input signal is detected-

the htpc may still be booting?

not sure of this, but easy to check

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have experienced this too, with my pro 1000hd. I only had the monitor about a month, and I was certain I had gotten a lemon. Just as you mentioned, I hit the power key and heard the normal power on click, followed by a rapid flashing red light. After attempting this three or four times I was getting pretty upset. After a couple of minutes I tried it again and it finally turned on like nothing ever happened. Has anyone else experienced this problem? It doesn't seem to be a major issue yet, but for the price of this plasma there shouldn't be the slightest problem at all. I hope this isn't going to turn out to be a normal periodic nuisence!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Can you relate the problem to having just been in the Pio control menus? I have had this problem only when I have been playing with something in the menus. In my case, if I wait about 3 minutes, the set can be turned on normally. Probably some sort of firmware bug. It has never happened to me otherwise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.