AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2006 Pio HDD 640 (and 2005 Pio 531 series) will make an exact,no loss copy of your burned DVD's(DVD-R, DVD+R) of cable, SAT movies or other TV programs that you have recorded. Pioneer is the only brand to have this software feature- This is a fantastic, valuable feature and it alone hails Pioneer DVDR's as the brand to buy(and they have outstanding record quality in my tests). The 2006 Pioneer 640 is one of the first to also allow input of MP3 music to the HDD for playback, but this is where they got constipated- the 640 will allow you to copy its burned DVDS(or any other DVD recorder burned DVDs) but not a burned CD that has music as an MP3. In other words your burned CD from your computer, IPOD or whatever is not able to be copied FROM the 640 once input to HDD. Why did they do this? Incredible. I guess the music industry is more scary than the video industry.

·
Registered
332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGuy /forum/post/0

- the 640 will allow you to copy its burned DVDS(or any other DVD recorder burned DVDs) but not a burned CD that has music as an MP3. In other words your burned CD from your computer, IPOD or whatever is not able to be copied on the 640. Why did they do this? Incredible. I guess the music industry is more scary than the video industry.

As bobkart stated:

Urlee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.