Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Dolls,

I'm on the verge of buying the Pio 503HDE Plasma, and I can get a very good deal with the 737 dvd player. I don't have any external scaling devices or such, so I'm planning of just using the progressive output of the 737 with component to the Plasma.

I saw the picture with these 2 devices on SCREAM 3 wich looked really REALLY good.

But will this do? Do you think the 737 is a good player? Personally I love Pioneer..I think they deliver very good machines. But I'd Like to hear your opionion on my "future" setup.

THX PPl,

E.

·
Registered
84 Posts
dear erwin,

I have had the pioneer 737 with a panasonic plasma since april and am overall very pleased with it - using it in progressive scan only (apart from 4:3 material and the odd pal-disc, where you have to switch the output to component non-progressive).

BUT - I am well aware of the fact, that the pioneers do not use the sage chip. be therefore warned - the pioneer exhibits all the negative things reported about it on the benchmark test at www.hometheaterhifi.com, especially combing (dv37, technically almost identical to the european 737), although to be fair it is not that bad in everyday viewing. but once you see shortcomings, you want better (no?), and I would recommend (based on the benchmark test and this forum) to consider an american Q50 (the european version is NOT progressive scan) or the panasonic players mentioned elsewhere in this forum. the 737-37 was good for the time I suppose, but newer players with the sage chip are much better, and the benefits would be clearly visible on a large plasmascreen.

kind regards

thomas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.