Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I jjust bought the 43" 910HD Plasma and have a aging Toshiba SD--4700 DVD Player. It is a progressive player, about three years old. I would like to make an upgrade but would like to know what other owners are using and was it worth making an upgrade.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Twain,

I also just bought a Pioneer Pro-910HD. I have a relatively new (w/in 1 year) Sony DVD recorder, and I am still experimenting, but it seems to be working great. One thing I am doing is basically turning off any processing features that the Sony does like sharpness, color correction, noise reduction etc, and letting the Pioneer do it. I even have the television doing the 2:3 (or 3:3) pulldown rather than the DVD player.

On an unrelated topic, how is your color rendition on standard definition broadcast material looking? I had problems with nasty blotches on some skin tones until I read RHarkness' "Boiled Rat" monologue (see the FAQ) and basically turned the color control well down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not received the TV yet. Scheduled for delivery later this week. I wanted to get some feedback on the topic of upgrading my DVD player. The plasma is a big investment and would like to get the most out of it. If that means buying a better DVD player, what the heck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm using a Denon 3910 via HDMI and feeding it 720P. I know that I am upscaling twice because the 910hd is 768P, but it looks awesome. I'm running audio via firewire to a RX-Z9, and am very happy with that, as well.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.