Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the group and looked through the FAQ and searched for the answer to my questions. I recently purchased a Pio PDP 505HD. (got a In comparing the PDP 502mx/503cmx and the 505, I noticed that there is a better graduation of adjustment in the 502/503 than the consumer 505/5030. My 505 has the D type port for "factory adjustment-do not adjust". Is this port used for the service adjustments or am I restricted to the simple picture adjustments? If the service adjustments can be made, where can I find the proceedure for it?

On another topic: I am using a 40 (!) foot S-video cable. I believe the S-vid standard dictates a maximum length of around 25 ft. (I have be told- never authenticated it). I noticed quite a bit of digital artifacting in SD and wonder if I am introducing it with the S-vid cable. Any comments?

Sorry if I am rehashing old topics.

Jason

·
Super Moderator
21,573 Posts
Hello Jason

I don't know how to access the service mode of the PDP-505HD- I do know the codes for the 503CMX/Pro1000 do not work on it

the D type connector is an RS232 port but may not be supported for user interface

so unless someone else can help you are limited to the menu adjustments

for a 40' S Video run, you may be OK- worth a try- there is really no standard for maximum length-

my 505HD was moved to the family room when I got my new Pro1000- it involved a run of 75 feet and was prewired with only Cat 5- so I used S video to Cat 5 adapters- works well

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.