AVS Forum banner

Pio Pro 1130HD Auto Screen Size Issue

793 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dunnbrother 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a strange problem that neither Pioneer Technical Support nor my Cable Company can help me with and was hopeful I'd get some advice on this forum for. My plasma is approximately 3 yrs old. Has been running fine up until now. For some unknown reason, my screen size for HD channels does not stay in "full" mode when surfing through the channels. It seems to default to "zoom" mode and I then have to cycle through the remote to get it back to "full" mode. Once in "full" mode, if I leave the channel and go to another channel and come back to the channel I left, it's again back in "zoom" mode. It's very annoying. I have my display set to "auto size" on, which should detect the signal from my cable company and display the correct aspect ratio, but for some reason it's not. I called Pioneer Technical support and they advised that it sounds like a bad cable card. I went and got a new cable card from my cable provider this morning and I'm still have the same problem, so it does not appear to be the cable card that's causing this. This is a very annoying problem and I'm wondering what the cause could be. Pioneer claims there is nothing wrong with the set and it's either the cable card or the signal that the Cable Company is sending me that's bad. Can anyone please give me some advice here. Don't know where to turn. Thanks very much and Happy New Year to you all. Regards, Jim

See less See more
#4 ·
No Go on the reset...problem persists. A bit more info on the problem: I'll be viewing a 1080i image on a channel in full screen mode...I'll then scroll through HD channels and it will switch to Zoom mode as soon as I come to a channel being transmitted in 720. So, I'll then change the screen size with the remote to full screen...go back to the 1080 channels and they are now in "zoom" mode instead of "full" like I left them. "Auto Size" option is turned to "ON". I'm thinking about doing a test using a STB (have one on my other T.V.) in place of the cable card and see what happens then. If the STB doesn't produce the same problem, then I can conclude it's either the cable card, the signal, or whatever it is in the display that changes it's aspect ratio. Any other thoughts???

#6 ·
Most HDTVs set and save their picture size settings separatly for each different resolution they receive over each interace.

I don't know what "auto Size"does but possibly it should be off instead of on since it may be basing what to do on the aspect ratio being received and not on the resolution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.