AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to understand how Bi-amping will work when you are using an AVR. I only have 5.1 setup so would my fronts benefit from bi-amping them? will this push more wattage to the fronts?

Speakers B&W 601 S3

100W RMS

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
You can only biamp speakers that can accept two amplifier feeds. This requires the speaker have two sets of binding posts on them, usually connected with a metal strap.

If your speakers don't have two binding posts, you can't bi-amp them. If they do, you remove the metal bracket that connects the two sets of binding posts and use the rear surround outputs to power one of the sets of binding posts, and the main amp outputs for the other.

There is a setting on the 1015 that you have to set to bi-amp the fronts. This changes the signal sent to the rear surround amps to be the same as the front speakers.

Some people find no significant sound quality improvement from bi-amping, others think it does make a difference.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The B&W's are bi-amp capable and I know how it works. Usually I would think you would bi-amp with external amps, not one reciever. The question I am trying to find out is if that pushes more power to the speakers, or if it is only for crossover settings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.