AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been waiting for the prices to drop a bit on the 1019, they haven't, now new stuff should be appearing. Any killer products in the pipeline I should watch for?

Do not want to spend too much $400 tops, want Audyssey, HDMI switching would be nice, must have new codecs, 7.1 Used is fine. Been watching eBay and everything is still going for top $$$.

·
Registered
29,192 Posts
Denon AVR-1910 can be had under $400, so can the Yamaha RX-V765, Onkyo 607 and RC-160. They all have 4 or more HDMI inputs, TrueHD and DTS-MA decoding, and are 7.1.

How do you define "HDMI switching"?

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HDMI switching -one feed to the panel instead of my current 3, receiver handles switching. No biggie, wires are ran now, but it would simplify things.

I was surprised to see no price drop in the past 9 or 10 months. I was hoping to see used stuff showing up on ebay and CL at better prices.

·
Registered
29,192 Posts

Quote:
HDMI switching -one feed to the panel instead of my current 3, receiver handles switching. No biggie, wires are ran now, but it would simplify things

All the receivers will do that no problem.

Price fluctuates all the time between +/- $75-100 for all these models. Like I said earlier, the receivers I posted can all be had under $400. New replacement models have not been released yet which is why you probably haven't seen any price drops or stuff showing up on ebay or CL.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
The 1019 isn't easy to come by for some. I'm interested in one and rather deal with BB with their rather easy return policy and only one store in my area has it. Perhaps I best grab it regardless the price hasn't fallen as I can compare it to the Denon AVR790 and then decide.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For some reason at this point I'm leaning toward an Onkyo 607. I guess which ever one I come across at a price I can't pass up will be the winner. Funny , I was always very particular about my audio stuff, but I think it's gotten to a point where the differences are minor at best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts