AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have looked through the forum and I have not seen this situation. Here is my setup;

Every device connects to my receiver (Cable box, PS3, Chromecast, Xbox, WD) and I have a connection via HDMI from the receiver to the ARC port on the television. My cable box is connected via a composite connection (Yellow, Red, and White) to the receiver because it’s old.

Without ARC, everything connected to the receiver displays and sends audio to the speakers. The built-in apps on the television do not produce sound. I think this is normal. When I enable ARC, The built-in apps send sound via the receiver and the HDMI connected devices work as normal.

The old cable box does not have sound at this point. There is video and no sound. As anyone seen this or have any recommendation on a different setting that I may try?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBonney  /t/1525871/pioneer-1021k-no-sound-from-composite-connection-when-arc-is-enabled#post_24568832

When I enable ARC, The built-in apps send sound via the receiver and the HDMI connected devices work as normal.

The old cable box does not have sound at this point. There is video and no sound. As anyone seen this or have any recommendation on a different setting that I may try?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi CBonney, try using "Signal Sel" button on the remote and cycle to "Analog".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello. Thank you for the tip. It makes sense and I tried it but, it does not cycle through the options. It stays on Digital.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts