AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought a ASUS A7A266 MOBO, with AMD chip. I thought I could salvage a few parts and get another system up, but noooooo it doesn't work that way. First, my extra IBM DTLA 60G drive is bad. While testing it I realized my CD player was waaaay too slow. So I look over at the my other system in its black case, and black DVD, and opted to by another DVD to match the standard case. I looked around and decided to try the Pioneer, mostly because it is ATA 100, and that it was reasonably priced. I ordered an extra ATA 100 cable. It came in today, so I popped the case open and installed it. *Then* I noticed that the secondary IDE connector on the MOBO is *not blue*.

Does this mean that the secondary channel is not 100 ATA? It really isn't big deal or anything, but it really would be nice to be able to put 4 fast devices on the MOBO.

SM

·
Registered
314 Posts
Don't worry, they're both ATA/100, the color coding is just to make it easier to see. Also, the Pioneer DVD drives is ATA/66, not 100. Good luck (and let me know how loud that Pioneer drive is, I'm thinking about buying one).

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ATA 66, right. I knew that. I must have had a brain f*** when I wrote that!

I’ll post my review of the drive in a few days. Like I said, my spare HD was dead. It is still under warranty, but it is a hassle. The vendor bought it from suggested that I deal directly with IBM! Guess who just lost a customer. Anyway, I ordered another drive, and it should be in tomorrow. (I lost the original packing material, and I didn’t want to wait for IBM, so I ordered another drive, and will use it’s packing material to sent ole not-so-faithful back to IBM) So hopefully I will have the system up this weekend. I post my impression of the DVD after I play with it some.

Best Regards,

SM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.