AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a chance to get a pioneer 111 for 1570.99 or a Pioneer 101 for 2100 and trying to figure out what I should do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Curly--If you can and don't mind, would you be able to send me a private message regarding the seller of the 111 for $1570.00 ??? I just purchased a 151 for my family room, and could use a 50" for my bedroom. Because it's my bedroom and I don't want to add any type of entertainment system, I was looking for a TV like the 111 instead of strictly a monitor such as the 101. I have seen alot of 101's for good prices from alot of dealers, however I haven't seen or found any 111's. I would buy a 111 in the next minute for under 2K let alone $1570.00

If you or anyone else knows of any 111's NIB for sale under 2K, please send me a PM or email. Thanks so much. I would cladly offer anyone a $100.00 finders fee.

·
Registered
193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiiinZ /forum/post/18269040

So I have a chance to get a pioneer 111 for 1570.99 or a Pioneer 101 for 2100 and trying to figure out what I should do.

Welcome to the forum. Both are great panels and there's a lot of information about them here. I encourage you to utilize the search function as you'll easily find everything you need to know.

In a nutshell, the 111 is a TV that also has a tuner and audio sound. You can use the provided speakers or attach after market speakers. It also has a sub output as well. The 111 is Pioneer's 9G and last Elite panel with peformance that is considered superior.

The 101 is a monitor, which was intended for high-end custom installations. It certainly doesn't have to be limited to this application, but it does not contain a tuner nor does it have audio capability. The source components will be used for both. The 101 is the higher subset of the Elite line known as the Signature. The panels are said to be hand picked and are run through some rudimentary break-in period. The end result is supposed to be a flawless product. The 101 also has some of the 10G tech that Pioneer was working on before ceasing production, so the performance of the panel is considered the best, at this point in time.

The prices you indicate are unheard of, so you can't go wrong either way. You need to determine which one based on your needs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you read the rules it doesn't seem like it's the price that's the problem. It seems to be "___ is offering this price" that is.

I think price talk not connected to a dealer, place or person is fine.

·
Registered
567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meboy /forum/post/18271481

If you read the rules it doesn't seem like it's the price that's the problem. It seems to be "___ is offering this price" that is.

I think price talk not connected to a dealer, place or person is fine.

I could be mistaken.

Given the prices stated above, I would go 111FD. All things considered, it can be calibrated to give pretty much same excellent picture as the 101FD or 500M. It's a heck of a bargain at that price assuming that it's new in box. (if it's not, still a great price, but I would pay the premium for the 101FD if that was NIB)

I'll have a 101FD arriving in two days myself. Without stating specifics, I paid just about what you're quoting in your first post. (within $50... too specific?) No complaints about the cost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
both are NIB so that isnt a problem.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The 101 is supposed to be better in terms of black level (and thinner?), but it is also more expensive. I'm sure you'll be happy with both. I have the 500M and I'm very happy with it.

As a related note, where are you seeing these prices? I'm not looking to buy one, just curious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.