AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got on the list for a Emotiva XPA-3 will a Pioneer 1120 or Yamaha 867 work better with it I have read all of the threads would like to here from those that have that set up or have an opinion There is not much on the 867 here

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just pick the one that has the features you are looking for. If they are the same, then flip a coin - Either one would be good. Speaking in terms of sound quality I would be willing to bet you wouldn't notice a difference between the 2.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave592 /forum/post/0

I just got on the list for a Emotiva XPA-3 will a Pioneer 1120 or Yamaha 867 work better with it I have read all of the threads would like to here from those that have that set up or have an opinion There is not much on the 867 here

Thanks in advance

They'll both work fine with the xpa-3, in terms of sound quality.

The real question is what functions you are primarily interested in -- video processing, iDevice integration, calibration preferences, connectivity, remote control, etc, etc...

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave592 /forum/post/0

video processing..room calibration $100-$300 difference not a problem make some sugestions

The pioneer 1120 uses what is arguably the best new video processor available -- the Marvell Qdeo. I'm not sure what the Yammie uses...

As for calibration, it's Pioneer's MCACC vs. Yamaha's YPAO. Either one works well for simple auto-calibration, but Pio's version is generally thought of as more "tweakable" afterwards... if that interests you at all.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
The Yamaha 867 is also a network AVR. Analog ins if that something you may want to use for future use. YPAO is also very tweakable. I'm not familiar with MCACC so can't make a comment on which one is more useful. YPAO does work well as I have used it many times. It seems that you want a 3D capable AVR and if thats the case then either of these should work well. If its not a need then you may also want to add the Denon 3310 to the mix. Its also a network AVR and uses a good program of Audyssey. Its also a very good bargain at this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts