AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any opinions on which way to go for these 2 TV's? I know that the Pioneer is $500-600 more than the Panasonic, but if it is TRULY much better, I'm willing to pay the extra price.

There are many discussions comparing the 50" versions of these TV's, but not many comparing the 42" versions.

About 70% of my viewing is SDTV, which one would be better for that?

Thank you.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyriderfox /forum/post/0

Anyone have any opinions on which way to go for these 2 TV's? I know that the Pioneer is $500-600 more than the Panasonic, but if it is TRULY much better, I'm willing to pay the extra price.

There are many discussions comparing the 50" versions of these TV's, but not many comparing the 42" versions.

About 70% of my viewing is SDTV, which one would be better for that?

Thank you.

I am in the same boat as you my friend. From everything I have read the Pioneer is better on SD content.

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:

There is a thread comparing these two 42" models if you search the forum, but This Thread about the 50" versions pretty much applies to their smaller siblings. To me, the Pioneer is worth the extra $500 . . . .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Randy. That's a really cool setup you got (I clicked on that picture link in your sig). I am also leaning towards the Pioneer, but my gosh, it's expensive compared to the Panny! I was going Panasonic all along, but once I saw the Pioneer PDP-4214 at Costco (a lower model than the 4270), I was absolutely blown away. The experience was absolutely theatrical and the colors were lush. The blacks were a rich, deep, jet black. And I was absolutely captivated by this experience. This TV was clearly in a league of its own.

This happened on Sunday when they had the NFL on Fox in HD playing on this TV.

·
Registered
732 Posts

Quote:

Thanks Randy. That's a really cool setup you got (I clicked on that picture link in your sig). I am also leaning towards the Pioneer, but my gosh, it's expensive compared to the Panny! I was going Panasonic all along, but once I saw the Pioneer PDP-4214 at Costco (a lower model than the 4270), I was absolutely blown away. The experience was absolutely theatrical and the colors were lush. The blacks were a rich, deep, jet black. And I was absolutely captivated by this experience. This TV was clearly in a league of its own.

This happened on Sunday when they had the NFL on Fox in HD playing on this TV.

The pioneers tend to be a bit closer in price at forum sponcers than in B&M stores. But consider this, at at least one forum sponcer, the 5070 is less than 5 bens from the 4270.

I don't know anything about the 4214, but I wouldn't trust that it is the same league as the 4270 or the panny 60/600 series without doing a bit more research.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.