AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy Pioneer Elite 43tx receiver for around $520.00 including shipping, but I heard that these receiver (45tx and 43tx) might have some issue with 4ohm speakers, is it true? What is the sympotom? My speaker is 89 sensitivity and 4 ohm, is it possible 43tx will damage the speakers or distort the sound? I listen my music or movie at fairly low to medium volumn. Is any 45tx/43tx owner using 4ohm speaker?

I was originally debating between 43tx and Denon 3803, but for $300.00 price difference, I would like to go with Pioneer. But if 43tx will kill my speaker, I will go with Denon.

Thanks for your help!!

Ren

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
I have a 49TXi, used with Magnepan 4 ohm speakers in 5 out of 7 channels. The 49 can drive the speakers at above +0, for several recordings, I had turned up all the way, with no shutdown. Magnepans have lower efficiency than yours at 86 db.

You should have no problems. My understanding is that the shutdown issue was resolved late in '02.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Check with Pioneer Online Support and see what they recomend! I think they will surely know whats good with their product!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Yeah right on that last one!:)

There's alot of info on the 45 here on the forum. My guess is that if you have one dated Oct 02 or later you'll be OK!

Mike

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Ren, I tested a set of M&K 4-ohm speakers in a 7.1 configuration using my VSX-45TX with no problems. We drove them hard enough to get me to leave the room (which was a first).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.