AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read no further..........I figured it out myself. Thanks anyway.

Hugh

I need some help. I'm hooking a Pioneer 47Ai to a Denon 4802 for SACD and DVD-Audio purposes. I came out of the 47Ai with six cables going to the Denon Ext. Inputs. Setting the Denon to Ext. In gives me sound from only the left and right channels and nothing from the center, surround or sub-woofer. I've gone through the Pioneer 47Ai manual as well as the Denon manual and can't find where I've gone wrong.

I believe this will take someone who has both of the above machines and has hooked them up themselves. It may be a setting with the Denon but I sure can't find it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HughScot
I need some help. I'm hooking a Pioneer 47Ai to a Denon 4802 for SACD and DVD-Audio purposes. I came out of the 47Ai with six cables going to the Denon Ext. Inputs. Setting the Denon to Ext. In gives me sound from only the left and right channels and nothing from the center, surround or sub-woofer. I've gone through the Pioneer 47Ai manual as well as the Denon manual and can't find where I've gone wrong.

I believe this will take someone who has both of the above machines and has hooked them up themselves. It may be a setting with the Denon but I sure can't find it.
I've got the Denon 4802 with a Sony SACD player hooked up to the Ext Inputs. Did you also hook up digital in? Digital in will only give you stereo. Select "Analog" and "Ext In" on the 4802 remote that should give you surround sound. I'm assuming that you have set channel levels on the 4802. What source are you using, SACD or DVD-Audio?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.......I just figured it out. The SACD I was using is stereo only. I feel really stupid.

Hugh

·
Registered
122 Posts
I want to get the 47ai to use with my DENON AV-4800. How does it sound?

Do you regret the purchase or are you smiling at the sound quality? Does

the LEGATO technology make a difference in SACD or DVD audio sound?

Also lastly, have you seen that chroma bug and if so, does it bother you??

Thanks

psyopwak

·
23,039 Posts
psyiopwak,

The 47ai does have the CUE bug, but you have to look for it to see it

on certain DVDs. Typically the scene changes and the part

of the scene that shows the bug is gone. I now use a Bravo D1

but the 47ai gave excellent PQ and the chroma bug was never an

issue for me. EE on DVDs bothers me more and is more prevalent.

I still use the 47ai for DVD-A/SACD/CD, but I use the i.Link so I don't

really know how the 47ai DACs sound.

larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.