AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what seems to be the main difference between these three models besides watts per channel.....anyone have a 47

·
Registered
239 Posts
When you go from the 45 to the 47 the only difference is power...one is rated at 110w/7channel the other at 130w/7channel that is it. when you go from the 47 to the 49 the power is the same but the 49 has the LCD touchscreen remote and it has some extra gimmicks that I don't know if you will use.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what i needed......thanks

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
They are all very good. Some of the debate I've seen ranges around getting the Pioneer 45 and with the extra bucks buying extra amplification - if that was better than the 47. The 49 has a lot of extra stuff.

Basically the idea was to use some of the amplification of the 45 but buy good amps for the Fron Mains and center. Or even use the 45's amp for bi-amping your speakers with anopther amp.

Its some interesting conjecture.

Mike

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The 47 also has more digital inputs and one more component input. The 49 has the same as the 47 plus video conversion, it will take any video input and pass it thru the component output. The 49 also has bass management for DVD-A and SACD. The 47 and 49 are both THX Ultra 2 certified.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Juan
The 47 also has more digital inputs and one more component input. The 49 has the same as the 47 plus video conversion, it will take any video input and pass it thru the component output. The 49 also has bass management for DVD-A and SACD. The 47 and 49 are both THX Ultra 2 certified.
What about the internals? Does the 45 have the same DACs, DSP, and ADC as the 47/49? Also, what about the serial port. Do they all have the same command set?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Sorry Andrew, don't know much about the internals or the serial ports. I do know that the 49 has dual 32-bit Shark DSP's, the 47 has one and the 45 uses dual Motorola DSP engines, what ever that means.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.