Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

We watched everyones opinions on a low cost HDCP solution so here it is.

Aurora Multimedia Corp. will be shipping in April the A303-HDCP card which will list for $595.00 US. The card will have 1 DVI-HDCP, 1 SVideo, 1 Video and have the advanced Scaler of the TVP-1000+. It is basically a stripped down TVP-1000+. Keep an eye out for the banner ads on the forum as we will be posting photos of the new cards when available. We do not have pictures of the A303-HDCP card on the website yet but it will be soon.
www.auroramultimedia.com

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Bravo Aurora!

Bravo!

Bravo!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Wow! This is going to be a mighty popular card.

Can you give any details as to its functionality? PIP? Is the video input a tuner, or just video?

Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Will it scale common HD timings (1080i, 720p) on the DVI input? Or will be be like the current 5002, requiring NR to fill the screen?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Looking forward to hearing more about it.

:D

:cool:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by djs
Wow! This is going to be a mighty popular card.

Can you give any details as to its functionality? PIP? Is the video input a tuner, or just video?

Thanks.
It will be just like the 5002 except a high end scalar and DVI 1.0 with HDCP.

There will be no PiP or tuner. That is what the TVP-1000 and TVP-1000+ is for. It will take in 1080i, 720p, & 480p and process it through the scaler to fill the screen.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thank you Paul. I'm glad the poll I posted, the e-mail I sent to Michael Ferrer and our subsequent conversation actually turned to reality. The only thing I am not sure of is where to purchase once available. I guess a list of dealers will be made available. I echo rogo's sentiments. BRAVO!

·
Registered
891 Posts
This was Michael and Pauls Valentine present to us all. THANK YOU!!!!!

PS) Now when is the open house at Aurora Multimedia taking place?;) or better YET: the pre-release card party?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
This is great news! This card will be a perfect solution for many 433cmx, 503cmx, Pro 800 HD and Pro 1000 HD owners that don't need anything more than a 5002-replacement to handle HDCP-compatibility.

Good job guys!

-- Gary

·
Registered
344 Posts
Kind of makes you wonder why Pioneer distributors and dealers just recently decided to charge for the PDA 5002 which was previously bundled in the price of the 503CMX and 433CMX.

Also kind of makes the PDA 5002 not worth the extra charge, unless you don't want DVI-HDCP capability.

Is a power buy possible?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Will this card enable the inputs 1 & 2 (rgbvh & vga) on the panel itself and process that signal through the card's scaler?

Thanks,

MAB

·
Super Moderator
21,554 Posts
this is indeed EXCELLENT NEWS for all Pioneer owners

Thank You!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by MAB
Will this card enable the inputs 1 & 2 (rgbvh & vga) on the panel itself and process that signal through the card's scaler?

Thanks,

MAB
Yes it will enable the input 1 & 2 for HD but will not process those inputs through the cards scaler. No card can.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry G
Will this card work with the Pioneer 1000 Pro?
This card will work on the 433, 503, Pro800, Pro1000, and Hitachi 5000.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
so with this card, my pioneer will have all the same inputs I have now, except that input 5, (DVI) will be HDCP compliant?

does this mean that if one wanted to, he could hook up the HD Leeza and send everthing in, including HD, encrypted or not, as de-interlaced and scaled to 1280x768 over DVI?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Pharris: One other thing I forgot to ask in my excitement. When I spoke with Michael, he made mention of this card being able to overcome the limits of the 5002 only accepting a PC signal only. Has this been addressed so that a TV signal via STB can be fed via DVI? Also, when connecting a PC or external scaler, what is the optimal refresh rate to feed the DVI input? Thanks again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
What about aspect ratio control - will it have the same range as the current 5002 - 4:3, full, zoom, wide? If "wide" is available, will it be the same non-linear stretch that the 5002 offers when scaling 480 signals?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
This is great news.

Some details needed here, to summarize all posts:

1) Aspect ratio: Do we keep the same controls as before and do you add more?

2) Are the DVI HDCP video timings & resolutions such as 480p, 720p, 1080i supported in addition to computer type signals?

3) All signals are converted to native 1280 x 768, correct?

4) Inputs 1 & 2 on the panel itself are enabled... What resolutions are supported? Only HD? Can we use 480p as well without going through the card's scaler when using component?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 328 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.