AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what audio out options my pioneer 500M monitor has other than basic stereo outs. I guess that means I'd need a soundbar that would take HDMI inputs, to go in between the source and the monitor, in order to get the full surround audio information?

I guess that rules out something like the Sonus. Right?

Thx!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Your Kuro is a monitor (as you know) not a TV, so it has no audio out. You can use either a soundbar or AVR that has the inputs you need. You can also consider connecting your source devices to the monitor for video and doing separate audio connections to an external audio system.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to move forward with a decision on a simple self powered sound bar for my Pioneer KRP 500M monitor.

I use the following components: A fairly new Time Warner DVR setop box and an Apple TV.

Right now I just have a pair of 2.1 computer speakers that are connected to the TV's audio Line outputs. I think I also have a small power transformer to boost the signal a tiny bit.

What would be the best way to hook up say a Bose Cinemate or Zvox 555? If I just use the audio out of the TV I assume there's no DTS info in it so I wouldn't benefit from any of that simulated surround sound?

Because of my monitor's lack of audio features would I need a full receiver or soundbar that has multiple HDMI inputs and does some switching?

Thx!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts