AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this tv for 3 years now and it still works great with heavy use. The set was completely calibrated by Chad B. every input etc, etc. While attempting to pass BTB/WTW trough my htpc via J.river and Madvr I had to resort to playing around in the forgotten hdmi pc/video option. Spending hours doing this I noticed that I was unable to pass WTW/BTB with my htpc, ,PS3, and Xbox when PC option was set, regardless of color space. The difference in picture quality was so much sharper than in video thogh. I thought this was weird so standing with my face to the screen I set hdmi back to video and the normal great picture I was use to seeing popped out. Pixels were distinguishable but the grainy/dithering noise was still present. When I switched to hdmi PC output the noise completely vanished!! The picture quality became razor sharp all of the noise and dithering left, resulting in the crispest image I have seen from this set. What is going on here? I played around with BDs and some PS3 games. When Playing Uncharted the TV now says 720p with hdmi/PC, before, in Video it used to always say 1080p. I have a number of questions and a lot of experimenting to do, I am wondering if anyone else has tried this?

Forin

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.