AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to hook up my new Klipsch XF48 powered speakers to my pioneer plasma. When I do, I can not control the volume with the TV remote. Does anyone know if my panel has variable audio out or simply line audio out??

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervwnut /forum/post/16923995

I am trying to hook up my new Klipsch XF48 powered speakers to my pioneer plasma. When I do, I can not control the volume with the TV remote. Does anyone know if my panel has variable audio out or simply line audio out??

That's odd, the TV's remote controls the TV's included speakers, so it should control your new Klipsch speakers. People have connected bookshelf speakers to their Pioneers instead of the factory speakers and they sounded better and worked fine.

Exactly how did you connect those speakers to the TV? You failed to include that important bit of information....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used analog audio cables (Monster) with RCA type ends from the audio out jacks on the back of the Pioneer to the audio input on the XF48 speaker. The speakers have built-in amplifiers and I have read that they sound better if you use the built-in amps. (110 watts)

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervwnut /forum/post/16924914

I used analog audio cables (Monster) with RCA type ends from the audio out jacks on the back of the Pioneer to the audio input on the XF48 speaker. The speakers have built-in amplifiers and I have read that they sound better if you use the built-in amps. (110 watts)

Ah, well then those speakers aren't compatible with the TV then. Sounds like those speakers need to be connected to a Variable Output in order to use their internal amps. The Pioneer's Analog Audio Output RCA jacks are line-level only, there is no Variable setting (same goes for Panasonics).

Your post infers that the speakers also have high-level connections and if so, have you tried connecting them to the TV's high-level speaker connectors and see how those speakers sound using the TV's audio amps? They still may sound better than the factory speakers.

Can you return those speakers (and those overpriced Monster cables that don't give any performance advantage) and get something more compatible, maybe with it's own volume remote control?

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Try using the headphone out on the side...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.