AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited an older (5-8 years maybe) Pioneer pdp-5030HD Plasma that was damaged by a surge. Tweeter and best buy tecs said that it was the TV and that a quick panel plate would solve the problem. Well the tv has been fixed (supposedly) but there is still no picture on the screen. I am now told that it is the MEDIA Box (pdp-ro3u). Best buy sent it to pioneer and pioneer has said that they do not have the parts anymore and they can notfix it.

Does anyone know anything about this? Best buy told me that my TV worked on a media box that they had (they no longer have it to buy), but I can't get my box fixed.

Any addvice? I would hate to see such a nice tv go to waste because of a media box.

Help Please!

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I have a Pioneer PRO-05U media receiver I purchased on e-bay for my Sharp plasma which has the same media receiver as you have. I tried connecting them but they do not work with each other. I asked the question whether the Pionner receiver was compatable with the Sharp and was told they were not. If you are interested you can contact me. Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.