AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I read all through the FAQ so if I missed it I apologize, however I am unable to locate a dealer for the component cable for Input 1 - Mini D-sub, 15-pin (female). Want to plug my progressive scan DVD into that input so i need 3 rca to the Mini-D-sub cable. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
You want something like this . Pricey, but they have a picture showing what it looks like. :)

If you do a google search for 'vga component cable' you'll find all sorts of possibilities.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I see what you are all talking about... thanks for the replies, is this the only option for connecting to that input from a component source that uses standard component outputs?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
784 Posts
Just finished making my own component to VGA cable for total cost of about $3 (I got the cable for free.. but you can use any component cable).

Got the component cable from the Cox Cable guy which had the terminal ends of the component R,G,B as three seperate 12" wires and RCA terminals. Cut those TCA terminals off at the ends and trimmed the component wires about a 1/2". Alot of the ground wire had to be discarded to get it to solder into the small VGA plugs. I purchased a VGA male connector which you can customized, and then screw shut. I opened up the ends of the VGA insertion ends just a tiny bit to get as much wire into them as possible. The center strand I folded over double (its tiny) to get more into the plug. I fluxed and soldered the ends inside the VGA plug ensuring no shorts to other pins.

Here's a good schematic of what goes where (no H or V sync required): Just pins 1,2,3.. 6,7,8:
http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/f....html#vga_3bnc

silicone gooped the insides to prevent motion and wire breakage and screwed the VGA terminal together.

Works great, and alot cheaper that $30!

I took pictures and try to post them... the whole process took about 30 minutes at most, with the silicone drying overnight.

Doc Rings

San Diego

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.