AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Words fail me, the image quality is just fantastic :)

After a lot of nervouse worrying the install went perfectly. The plasma is flawless, no dead or stuck pixels at all.

My 503MXE was shipped with the silver frame from the HDE version so it was more 'wife' friendly.

I've got the new Denon AVC-A1SR (5803) and the video conversion feature is amazing. S-Video from Sky+ satellite box to the amp then component to the plasma and the image is rock solid. The menu's have not the slighest hint of flicker or shimmer and the quality of image displayed from the satellite channels is way beyond anything I could have imagined.

As you may guess I am more than a little pleased right now :)

Running PAL progressive out from the FMJ DV27 and that of course looks superb as well.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Mark,

Its good to here from another happy Plasma owner. Good luck with your new toy and I hope it gives you and yours many happy viewing years.

Your more then welcomed to give us a review after you have played with it for a couple of days.

Dave

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congratulations Mark, glad the install went smoothly. Keep us posted as you gain first-hand experience of the Pioneer.

Very envious,

Matt.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Mark-

Congrats!

"My 503MXE was shipped with the silver frame from the HDE version so it was more 'wife' friendly. "

Wow, I didn't know you could get it that way. Was that by custom/special order?

Interesting,

Bruce

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Mark

Surely a modified HDE bezel or a third party add on - the HDE has a row of buttons on the bottom right of the bezel facia that are not on the MXE and the MXE buttons are on the right hand edge of its bezel and there is no cut out on the HDE bezel to access these; also is the IR receiver not in a different position.

Best regards

Joe

PS And who's now got the HDE with a charcoal surround?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats on your new plasma!

We're about to get the 503CMX (U.S. version of 503MXE it sounds like) - we actually wanted the black frame and chose it over the 5003HD "consumer" version partly for that reason. Glad to hear the picture looks great, as I've only seen the HD versions in person; I expect the MX to look at least as good, maybe better from what I've heard. Also got a new Denon receiver, albeit a much lower-end model (1802) with no component video switching, much less video signal conversion.

We're also getting the 5002 video card to handle analog signals from the tuner (non-HD for now) and VCR. Once the video card has been installed, can both Input 1 (15-pin) and Input 2 (BNC x5) be used as component inputs, given the appropriate conversion cables?

Lee

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joe, the bezel is really a normal MXE bezel, all the buttons are in the right places and there are no missing buttons or empty spaces masked off or anything like that. It is just silver :)

It arrived factory sealed, my dealer told me that Pioneer do a few of these on special order only.

LB425, the manual say yes, both input one and two can be used for component in.

Fortunately thanks to the Denon amp I only need the one component connection to the plasma.

The standard bezel is a nice color as well, but my wife didn't go for it as it looked a bit too business like for her, so the silver alternative was a lucky discovery.

So far I've yet to view a bad image on it, even some very old TV material repeated on Satellite (Blake's Seven) looked good so that really is saying something :)

I'm sure I'll get more critical in time, but right now I'm still enjoying the fact that it arrived defect free.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.