AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents are looking for a new tv, specifically a plasma. I've been swaying them over to the Pioneer side since I have a 4360 and they love it. I have the opportunity to pick up a 505cmx for a very reasonable price brand new. The trouble is, I don't know much about the commercial models. What is the lineage of this tv in the scope of pioneer generations? 5050,5060,5070...what gen is the 505? my parents aren't very technically savvy, but i was thinking about going with the key digital card which will offer lots of room for expansion. how does the PQ of the 505 stack up with the newer models? I did read when i searched, that the black levels aren't as good as the newer models. bottom line, what should i know about the commercial models in relation to the residentials?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchtime /forum/post/0

Try a search for the 505CMX thread, lots of information there.

i did, but with the hoopla over the 507, the 505 got lost in the crowd. it's a moot anyways, i found enough information to make a decision. the panel is two generations old. as old as the 5050's of that era. with a key digital video card, (i wouldn't use the Pio. not enough inputs) speakers, stand, etc... it brings it within spitting distance of what i can get a 5070 for and save my parents the headaches. (my dad to this day asks me how to get rid of voicemails on his cell phone
) thanks anyways

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.