AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please give me your opinion. I have read a great deal about both sets and seen them at the store and still am not sure. I know I will be happy with either but I would like to get the one wich shows glare the least. Thanks.

· Registered
732 Posts
All things being somewhat equal (price, colour display, blacks/definition) for you, then just go with what your eyes tell you is the best looking set.

As for the glare, both will display that phenomenon - Heck, they're plasmas fer Chrissakes - but that too, can be minimized. For example, my Samsung plasma is situated directly across the room from an old, double-hung window. I simply tilted the display downward about 5 degrees or so, off it's vertical axis.

Bingo, no glare.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I would like to go with the Pioneer. I am afraid of the buzz problem with the Sammy but, I will have it in a room with huge windows on the west side and would like to get the one that handles glare better.

· Registered
711 Posts
Why would you buy a Samsung? Black levels are not up to par with the Panasonics or Pioneers. Even though I own a Panasonic , I'd say go with the Pioneer. I've read that it has great video processing.

· Registered
3,790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ25 /forum/post/0

Why would you buy a Samsung? Black levels are not up to par with the Panasonics or Pioneers. Even though I own a Panasonic , I'd say go with the Pioneer. I've read that it has great video processing.

Don't condemn a brand out of hand. The new xx73 series is right up there with the others in Black levels. Why do you think the lawsuits are flying? Agree on the 5070 though...except for the darn shiny bezel. The Op will have even more reflections to deal with from either of these sets with those glossy bezels. Love the look...hate the reflections right up against the screen.

· Registered
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ25 /forum/post/0

I think you would chose Samsung over Panasonic if you wanted a sharper, more detailed picture with less video noise and artifacts and a bezel that doesn't look like a kid's toy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.