AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Pioneer 5070HD a significant improvement over the Samsung 5054 or 5064? The Pioneer runs a good $400-$500 more than the Samsungs and I was trying to gauge what more you get for that money with the Pioneer?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm looking at the same items including the 50" Panasonic models ending in 75 and 77U.

Samsung has made a big step up in improvements in the plasma class....but..

IMO....the Pioneer 50" wins, with a Pioneer price tag to boot

It's Just An Opinion

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The Samsungs have come up with there new models, tough choice for sure. If the Samsungs are as good as everybody says they are, then the only reason to go with the Pioneer would be for there single pane glass which would reduce reflections.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't have both so I can't really say what is better but I can tell you that in my eyes, the Pio produces a more film like picture. That being said, I spent about three hours total with the 5054 before buying the Pio and I thought it had a real clean, crisp picture, just not what I was looking for. Maybe that's something that you might want to consider as well ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.