AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's

I had my Pioneer 5080 for 6 months now. I love the picture quality of this display. But last night for the first time i noticed some blotches on the bottom of the screen, more to the left hand side. I was watching Semi-Pro on Bluray when i noticed this.

I know i heard about this problem here before BUT what is the next step with this issue? Does it get worse as the display ages? Do i just live with it? Do i call pioneer and see what they can do?

I never used a brake-in DVD. The TV was always used to watch HD. What does actually cause this blotches? Is it normal with plasma TV's?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i don't think it has anything to do with a break-in dvd (or not using one). see the thread below, several people have reported blotches...my suggestion: push pio to replace the set as it is still under warranty.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1044671

Quote:
Originally Posted by I L K E R /forum/post/14187368

Hi guy's

I had my Pioneer 5080 for 6 months now. I love the picture quality of this display. But last night for the first time i noticed some blotches on the bottom of the screen, more to the left hand side. I was watching Semi-Pro on Bluray when i noticed this.

I know i heard about this problem here before BUT what is the next step with this issue? Does it get worse as the display ages? Do i just live with it? Do i call pioneer and see what they can do?

I never used a brake-in DVD. The TV was always used to watch HD. What does actually cause this blotches? Is it normal with plasma TV's?

Thanks,

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guy's

To be honest i only noticed it when the screen was dark. I don't notice it when watching TV shows. I think i will just live with the problem and save my self the hassle dealing with pioneer.

cheers,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fix for dark cloud on 5010 panel.

They are saying main board and couple of other boards must be replaced in order to fix it.

Is it a well-known fix for this problem? (main board replacement)

Is it safe to let them take apart by baby?

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I L K E R /forum/post/14201202

Thanks for the reply guy's

To be honest i only noticed it when the screen was dark. I don't notice it when watching TV shows. I think i will just live with the problem and save my self the hassle dealing with pioneer.

cheers,

I'm in your same position Ilker. My dark/cloud, aka pink stuff as I call it, is only noticeable on some dark movie scenes, but mostly when the room is dark and when I select an Input channel that currently has no signal (ie. input 5 b4 i turn on PS3).

I've become a bit obsessed with trying to fix it. I just hope it can, because I'm eyeing one of those 8th gen Panasonic plasmas of the same size and CR as the 508xda (well, nearly the same on the latter).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts