AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon, my DirecTivo is being installed, and UPS permitting, my 510 will arrive. I've been told that I'll most likely get a Hughes box, which has two sets of outputs - one composite-only, the other composite + S-Video.

Question is - do I connect the S-Video output to my TV, and just use composite to the 510, or should I use composite to the TV and S-Video to the 510?

On a related note, if I were to use S-Video from the DirecTivo to the 510, does the 510 pass through the video and audio signals when it's turned off?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the Pionner 310 (which I assume has the same inputs and outputs) and the DSR6000 Directivo and this is how I have it wired:

The 310 Component output to the tv component input.

The DSR6000 s-video output to the tv s-video input.

The DSR6000 composite output to the 310 composite input.

I am very happy with the quality of the recordings. I have noticed very little, if any, difference in the recording quality, using composite in, rather than s-video.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Will

Oh and with the s-video from directivo to the 310, the video and audio signals do not pass through when turned off. Funny enough they do using the RF input/output.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - after thinking about it some more, I was leaning toward this approach. Apart from anything else, using composite from the DirecTivo to the TV would screw up all my carefully planned existing wiring....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.