AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had the Pioneer 510 HDTV for about a year. Never thought I would have any complaints about the set. But, I now have a external line doubler that I would like to use instead of the internal one. But when you input any RGB source the set defaults to the FULL screeen mode. Is there a fix for this?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes there is. It's called the Pioneer Elite PRO-520HD. One of the fixes for the new Elites is the lock on full. There may be a way to swap a motherboard for the 510 to essentially make it a 520 but I'm not sure about this. In any case, if you find another workaround let me know because I own a 510 as well and this lock on full is buggin the heck out of me.

-Marc

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest , this hasnt bothered me that much until now! I have a Runco 980 FPTV and the 510. Im just now trying to get all my HD inputs to my 510 as well as the 980. I also have a Faroudja Line Doubler and have noticed that it improves my PQ on the 510 quite a bit. Only problem is the LOCK on FULL. Oh well, it may be time to check in to a trade up.

·
Registered
539 Posts
As an owner of a Pro-610 for close to two years I'd like to suggest you guys are locked on nuts.

The TV receives a regular diet of two separate progressive sources (perhaps an X-box as a third):

1. Dish6000. While viewing Showtime or HBO or any HD-OTA channel the 610 correctly displays the progressive picture in full mode. The 6000 does allow changing the aspect mode but I find 'normal' to be just fine.

2. Panasonic RP-91. No explanation necessary. If you don't know about this player then do some research.

Regarding non-progressive SD material. You've owned the finest RPTV progressive display for a while now... You should be ashamed of yourself for feeding your set this antiquated garbage:). What are you thinking about?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.