Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Anybody out there had any trouble with the SHD-09 plug in STB for the Pioneer Elite 510, 610 series. This is my second unit. The first got into a mode where it would not reboot and a power down was necessary. It was replaced by the factory about 9 months ago and the second one seemed fine until 2-3 weeks ago.

Now, my 510 is resetting itself. I will go to use the set and the remote control will not control. Then, some arbitrary time later, the set will turn off for 5-6 seconds, and come back on. I've seen it do it! The remote then works fine. All of the settings, even center speaker in/out, go to default after this sequence of events.

I am asking about the STB because Pioneer has told the service man that it is probably the STB vice the set. I'd love to argue that point, but I can't without some more ammo.

Wondering if anyone else has had these kinds of problems with either the 510 or the STB?

Thanks,

------------------

Have a Great HDTV Day,

Fred

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I, too, am having trouble with my SH-D09.

This seems like quite a flaky unit in general. I've always had problems with it locking up or responding sluggishly. I pretty much figured that was the way it was with this box.

Now, to make matters worse, the SH-D09 seems to becoming obsolete. It no longer receives several channels it used to receive. Apparently the TV stations made some change to their signal which causes the SH-D09 not to be able to receive them. Others in my local area with different (newer) STB's receive the channels fine.

The symptom I get is that the signal meter shows full signal strength, yet there is no audio or video, and one of the D09's many "tune error" messages is displayed. There is even one channel for which I can receive one subchannel but not the other (I get 48.1 fine, but 48.2 is black), which is really strange.

So I think we're out of luck. This seems to be an unsupported, orphaned piece of equipment. I'm personally waiting impatiently for HD-TiVo...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.