AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so lets say that there is no price difference, which would you buy and why?

My input devices are

Direct HR20 DVR

xBox 360 with HDMI

Samsung BDP-1400 Blu-Ray, will be upgraded around Christmas to Denon 3800 or whatever the new model from Denon is at that point for sound issues mostly, old reviever, 7.1 setup

Nintendo Wii

So go at and give me what you think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I recently purchased a Pioneer Kuro PDP-6020 Plasma TV (my first entry into the digital TV market) and was wondering what the best method is to set the picture adjustments (contrast, brightness, Tint, Sharpness, etc.). I realize I can eyeball it, but what might look good for one type of programming may not look good for another. I was hoping to set the adjustments to something close to universal. Any suggestions? Also, I am a little confused about all the picture modes - Dynamic, Performance, Sports, Movie, etc. Optimum seems to be the "picture mode for dummies", but I have read several people say that Optimum mode is good, but not the best.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 6010 has a cable card slot (which I use and works great).

From what I understand, there is no cablecard slot in the 6020.

If you're not going to use a cablecard, wouldn't be an issue for you.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If you will not miss a cable card as said above and you do not care about altering every single setting then the 6020 would be the better choice.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenaka /forum/post/14252464

Hi,

I recently purchased a Pioneer Kuro PDP-6020 Plasma TV (my first entry into the digital TV market) and was wondering what the best method is to set the picture adjustments (contrast, brightness, Tint, Sharpness, etc.). I realize I can eyeball it, but what might look good for one type of programming may not look good for another. I was hoping to set the adjustments to something close to universal. Any suggestions? Also, I am a little confused about all the picture modes - Dynamic, Performance, Sports, Movie, etc. Optimum seems to be the "picture mode for dummies", but I have read several people say that Optimum mode is good, but not the best.

Thanks for any help.

I use D-Nices Ref. Movie Settings for everything but Live Sports.

AV-Movie

Contrast 38

Brightness -1

Color -5

Tint 0

Sharpness -15

Pure cinima Film mode

Power saver Off

Theses settings are spot on for me for Movies and general T.V., for live Sports I go with Optimum mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts