AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When viewing cable programming routed from a VCR to the analog input of a Pioneer VSX-39TX receiver, everything is fine. However, when watching a DVD (or PS2 game) that is routed to the digital input of the receiver, random areas of the screen will occasionally lose their convergence and then fix themselves. My thoughts are the digital cable wires are not doing their job even though they are Monster cables.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what could be the problem?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
JK,

Your Pioneer doesn't have "digital" inputs, it has component video (three wire) and the 15 pin connector that supplies RGBHV. If the problem only happened on signals coming to this input, and the random misconvergence is only one color (more than one would be extremely unlikely), it could be a defective shield in the conductor of the color that's showing the problem.

But you say the problem also happens on DVD, and I'm guessing you're using component video for that, so I really don't know what your problem might be. Is your DVD player a progressive scan unit? If so, does the problem still happen if you set it to interlaced?

Chuck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.