Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First how is 812? Anyone?

Both are available for less than 300 (cosidering lowest prices on Internet) They have around $70-60 price difference.

What does 912 offer more than 812 which is woth that price? I want use the receiver in my basement for HT use with 5.1 setup and eventually with 7.1 setup. (using split o/p for rear two speakers)

Thank.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The 912 has automatic set-up and, as they say, MCACC room calibration and equalization. What it does certainly is to set the right delay and volume level for your distance. It does so without you needing an extra SPL meter which cost another 30 bucks. And it does it without you doing research and bothering how it works. Easily worth another 30 or 40$ if not more because you might have to set it up again in a different room or with different speakers and then you'd have to start all over again with your SPL meter.

As a little thank, you please tell us where you saw the 912 for under 300 dollars?

Till

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Till.

I saw 912 under 300 on Internet. I'm sure whether I'm suppose to say it here, but one thing I can certainly say - you can find it on ebay.

Also go pricegrabber.com that website will tell you at least two merchants which are selling it under 300. Shipping + Tax will be extra.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
What did you end up with and why? How do you like it?

I'm thinking 812 because the only difference I can find is the auto setup and a few extra watts I'll never use. There may be others, but not that I know of.

Thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
On Friday I ordered a 912 from 6th Avenue Electronics (6ave.com) as follows:

PIOVSXD912K Pioneer Surround Sound 1 $287.77 $287.77

Sales Tax:0.0

Shipping:14.83

Total Amount:$302.60

Supposedly in stock for immediate shipment. We will see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.