AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pioneer 910HD or Fujitsu P42HHA30WS?

417 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  twain 
#1 ·
Hello to everyone, I would appreciate a little help

I have narrowed the search for a great 42/43" HD plasma to the Pioneer Elite PRO-910HD and the Fujitsu P42HHA30WS. I have seen both with HD programming and the Fujitsu was slightly better. In fact, it was better than any brand I saw. If that were the only factor the Fujitsu would win.

I then compared DVD material and noticed a much better picture on the Pioneer. The Fujitsu during dark scenes displayed a swarming type of pixel movement. It was obvious viewing Finding Nemo and Monster Inc. The Pioneer was more film like, especially when we popped in Lord of the Rings.

Both were about the same with SD programming.

Pricing

I can get the Pioneer for $5600 with two-year warranty. Everything is included also, stand, speakers and lots of inputs.

The Fujitsu is $6 to 6.5 and an extra $400 for the stand. It has a three-year warranty, but the small print reveals that only one year for the panel.

I am curious if anyone has compared these two displays and if the DVD experience with the Fujitsu. If that is a common issue I will buy the Pioneer since DVD viewing is very important to me. I could live with only a slight difference in HD picture quality.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a big investment and I want to make the right choice.

thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
There are not as many inputs on the Pioneer as you think.

2 of the Components are Shared with the 2 HDMI's. Not a big deal though.

The Pioneer is more of a "TV" then the Fujitsu if that matters to you. Meaning built in Tuner (ATSC & ntsc) Speakers(removable), etc.

You know the new Elite PRO920 is out very soon, as in the next month??

It adds a few things that are supposed to make a better picture then the 910 and adds Cable Card.

Should be able to find it for the same $5xxx price in a couple months. My guess only though.

You are looking at 2 great plasmas. Tough call. I personally would get the Elite and save some cash. In fact, I would get the 4340 or the 4345 coming out and save even more $$$$.

But that's not what you asked, so...my choice would be the Pioneer. You even said you liked the DVD picture better.

later

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.